Chapter Twenty-Seven: From Glass Shard Beach, NJ

Start from the beginning

The rest of the story was a blur, and the most she took from it was that there was this rich girl named Pacifica who was bothering them the entire night, and pretty much ruined the party with the stench of her ego and arrogance. She was a massive bully and was actually the one who ended the party when she announced her own afterparty on one of her parents' several yachts.

Y/n had only known about her existence for not even five minutes, but in her stupor she concluded that Pacifica would also go on her "kids-to-punt-list," taking the number one spot from Gideon. For now, at least.

From there, Mabel then dragged Y/n over to Wendy's clique on the sofas. She went through the lists of names so fast that the older girl was sure that she had already forgotten some, or, at the very least, she had merged some together in her mind. All she knew for sure, besides Wendy herself, was a large and awkward teen named Thompson, and Robbie. The other three seemed nice enough; a long and lanky blonde boy, a slightly shorter and darker boy with a cap and tattoos running along his toned arms, and a short girl with thick eyeliner accenting her hazel eyes and pink highlights.

Seeing as Mabel had gone back to the dance floor to live it up with her new friends as the clock continued to tick away into the early hours of the night, Y/n was stuck and left stranded with the group of teens. She sat at the edge of one of the couches, wedged between Dipper and the arm of the sofa. Luckily, because of her position, she was farthest from the conversation. She didn't pay attention to most of it, and while the tall blonde and his friend with the cap— who she had picked up were named Lee and Nate— had attempted to get her to contribute to the conversation, she barely said much. In hindsight, it was nice that they were trying to include her, especially since she barely knew the group, but she just wasn't eager to talk.

"Hey Mabel, Dipper."

The minutes ticked into hours, and the groups had started to die down. Some of Wendy's friends had called it a night and Mabel's friends had started to set up sleeping bags in the middle of the empty dance floor. As conversation had begun to slow down, Y/n was struggling more and more to stay awake on the couch. It was surprisingly more comfortable than when she first sat down. So she decided it would be best to tell the twins of her little adventure in the woods before she wound up falling asleep and forgetting. "Get over here for a bit?"

The twins joined her over on the sofa. The couch was slowly becoming empty; Soos had left an hour or so earlier, followed by Thompson and Nate soon after. The rest of the teens were sitting on the other, laughing and talking amongst themselves.

"What's up Y/n?" Dipper asked.

"Well," she started, making sure that Wendy's little group couldn't possibly hear them. The last thing she wanted was for Robbie to hear her and start complaining about her "version" of event, or— even worse— would take over the story completely and bend the narrative into one where he saved her or something. He seemed like that type of person, if she were to be honest.

"Mabel only sort of knows about what I'm about to say, only because she caught me after patching me and Robbie up."

"Oh!" Mabel's eyes lit up. Y/n had noticed that she seemed oddly eager to hear about her little adventure with Robbie. She knew that no matter what she'd say, Mabel wouldn't believe that there was nothing that had happened between them.

In reality, the girl was happy that her older sister had managed to make the tiniest of semblance of a friend, even if it was with someone who she equated to as the human version of rat poison. She had begun to worry about Y/n's reclusive nature.

And well, who knows? Mabel would be lying if she wasn't hopeful that something could sprout from it, especially since Robbie was one of the older teens in Wendy's group.