OVER-FRIENDLY STRANGER

Start from the beginning

The car came to halt. Bringing my train of thoughts to a halt as well. I spare a glance around rather than meeting with a pleasant restaurant my eyes landed on a marvellous mansion. My jaw dropped open and my eyes widen in surprise.

"What a pleasant view!" Expressed mom, her eyes shining in delight.

"Told you, it would be an enjoyable evening." Dad mood had lightened a little as a hint of a smile reached his lip. I smiled wide and followed my parents out of the car. I had never seen such beautiful architecture. The beautiful piece of art attracted me, it was a thousand per cent grander than Samaira's mansion. With the enthusiasm, I clicked one photo. Samaira would surely mention that I found my new fairyland. I chuckled at my own thoughts as I followed behind my parents.

The path towards the entrance was filled with many security staff. There was a tough procedure to enter inside the biggest luxurious mansion. It wasn't a secret that the mansion belonged to some high personality. After examining our card, we were allowed in. Not before the guard spying eyes pierced our skin.

"Why are such loud security?" Mom questioned annoyed as we entered. Dad shrugged his shoulder not in a mood to offer us the answer. I rolled my eyes, glancing in the surrounding. The interior did justice with my expectation. The huge corridor, waiters wandering at every corner with their prescribed uniform.

My eyes wandered further as we walked into the main hall. In the area where the event was going to take place, every corner was filled with people. Those chatting among themselves, some busy having their share of food while many few in the bar at the corner. I had never entered business parties and nothing close to the enormous event taking place before my eyes. I felt so weak and inferior among the crowd. Fortunately, I had my parents beside me.

Soon different people greeted them, and they got engrossed in talking with one another. Dad separated from us among his group of friends while mom was busy with hers. One of the girls of my age, that seemed to be the daughter of one of my mom's friends greeted me.

"Hi! I am Bushra," she whispered offering me the sweetest smile of hers. She seemed younger than me but had the same height as mine. Her face was glowing with happiness as if she was enjoying her stay at the party.

"Hi! Ruhi," I introduced myself as well, trying to smile at her.

"What are you doing over here?" She questioned staring at some corner. "Let's go there..." she pointed out. "They are having fun." I glanced in the direction, there were a group of children merely of my age, some older. They were busy talking with each other as if known each other for years. I hesitated but mom touched my shoulder grabbing my attention.

"You will get bored, go and have fun with them." She prompted. I flashed a fake smile walking along with a stranger.

How on earth was I supposed to have fun with a group of strangers was beyond my thinking capacity? Soon, we reached the group. Some eyes landed on us while a few royally ignored our presence. "Hey, Bushra..." a voice from the crowd called the girl beside me. She turned towards the guy, he seemed older than us and much high in height. His eyes danced in mischief as it wandered from the girl towards me. "Who is the new girl in the town? Never had seen her before." His words made me realise they knew each other. I was only the stranger among the group of friends.

"She is Ruhi..."

"Ruhi," the smirk grew on his face. Reminding me of a familiar face, Ehaan. A sad smile crossed and I bit my lower lip. Our last encounter and he just walk away from me, had saddened me. I hated when he acted cruelly towards me. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," the stranger winked at me. I looked at him in distaste, he was trying to flirt with me. His first impression wasn't appealing to me.