9. YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS

Start from the beginning

I think she should leave for the day. She is too stressed to attend the second half of the day. Mansi said worried. She had first hand experience of how much Nandini over worked herself. The girl never said a no to anyone and to top it, takes others' trouble on her head too. She deserved some rest.

Take her to the library. The hostel is closed in college hours. We cannot take her there. I'll inform our Physiology professor. He anyway loves this girl to let her go without punishment. Avni said caressing Nandini's hair who is now drifting into sleep.

Manik smiled at all of them. They were the best of friends. They argued, yelled, did drama, fought but at the end of the day, they all were one unit. The butterflies.... and he loved that about them.

He saw the time and stood up to leave for the library as well. He had a free hour and wanted to utilize it properly, along with some alone time which was scarce nowadays due to Nandini. The girl never let him keep to himself. He did find it annoying sometimes, but Nandini had never let him complain aloud. He wouldn't admit, but he also didn't have the heart to shoo her away. Who would throw away a chance at walking, talking entertainment? He was engrossed in his thoughts when he heard Mansi calling him.

Manik, can you do us a favor? Please? She requested. Manik nodded meekly. He was still not comfortable with the rest of the gang.

Please stay with her in the library till we come back or she wakes up. Manik looked at her with wide open eyes.

But why? She will anyway be resting. What will I do there? He blurted out nervously seeing all his plans going down the drain. While Neeyan and Vatsal looked confused too, Mansi and Avni shared a look. They could not reveal Nandini's secret. It was not theirs to share. Neither could they stay back with her as they couldn't miss the integrated classes.

Please, Manik. Just sit beside her and do whatever you intended to. She is a heavy sleeper when she is tired. She wouldn't disturb you. Mansi requested him baffling him further, as he could see she avoided his question. He nodded. Sleeping Nandini is better than an over enthusiastic, awake one.

Kritika and Avni dragged a protesting and semi sleepy Nandini to the library and Manik followed. She slept as soon as she found the desk making the others sigh in relief. After thanking Manik, the girls left to their classes.

Manik settled beside her and started studying. After an hour and half, he looked up to take notes while his gaze fell on Nandini. That was the first time he was watching her so closely. She looked beautiful. She was cuddling to herself and her chubby cheeks were turning rosy due to the force the table that was exerting on them. Her loosened hair locks caressed her face due to the ceiling fan above them.

But what attracted him the most was her innocence. She looked totally untouched by life. Happy in her own world. Very different from her usual agitated self. He chuckled at his thought when he noticed her frowning in sleep. He abruptly stopped his chuckle but the frown lines didn't fade away. Instead they became deeper.

Sweat pooled on her neck and forehead and Manik came to her tensed. Was she seeing a bad dream?

Just as Manik was about to shake her awake, she herself woke up abruptly startling him. She took a minute to recognize her surroundings and felt relieved to see familiar surroundings. It was then that she noticed a tensed Manik.