9. YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS

Hello all.....

Enjoy reading!

SPACE, 2013

Manik was rushing to the canteen in a hurry. He couldn't provoke the volcano now, could he? After the freshers day encounter, Manik started hanging out with Nandini or rather say Nandini forced Manik to hang out with her. She openly teased him, pushed him to voice out his opinions, compelled him to take up hobbies which he left way back and most importantly, accompanied him in his silence. She slowly but steadily crept into his small world and made herself important in his life.

He entered into the canteen and found the gang occupying their usual place. Nandini, being a part of butterflies, always included Manik in their activities making it very awkward for him. But there was no stopping Nandini. Vatsal enjoyed the girls' company and often joined them, while Neeyan was left with no choice but to comply to the two most important people in his life.

You are late again, Manik. Nandini exclaimed glaring at him to which he muttered a sorry and sat down beside Vatsal who wrapped his hand around Manik's shoulder. The boy was his favorite always.

See, Vasu. You guys are spoiling him. Don't give him so much edge for everything. Where even do you find nerds like him these days? Ask him to get a life! Nandini warned Vatsal who showed her his tongue and pulled Manik closer making Nandini fume and sit down with a thud. Vatsal came to have a deep friendship with Nandini who was his character twin. Or so he believed.

Why is she in an extra bad mood? Manik whispered to Vatsal, looking at Nandini who was murdering her noodles with the fork. Nandini eating Chinese is hazardous to everyone around her. She did that only when she had to control her anger. No guarantee about the control part though.

Another event responsibility is given to the College's unofficial event manager. Vatsal replied in an undertone. Manik nodded and glanced at Nandini as per his emerging habit. She fascinated him by being the enigma she is. He noticed some unknown sadness in her eyes but couldn't put a finger on it. Was she sad or just stressed?

After having enough of Nandini's useless banging of tables and plates, Neeyan's already thin patience broke and he screamed What the hell happened, Nandini? Have mercy on the lifeless atleast!

Oh, so I can hit you? She shouted back at him, standing up from her chair. The canteen avoided them as it was quiet a usual sight for them. Nandini and Neeyan were mortal enemies of the college and even the gang didn't interfere in their fight, knowing very well that the two of them can handle each other.

As if you are sparing me any trouble now. Neeyan muttered but everyone on the table could hear him.

What happened, Nandu? Kritika pulled her onto her seat and asked her taking her in a side hug. Nandini snuggled into her and sighed. She knew she was being ridiculous, but she didn't know how to explain her situation to them. She never did that. She chose not to do that now.

Nothing... headache. She said closing her eyes. Neeyan felt guilty and off seeing her like that, but his ego and fear did not let him reach out to her. He was so used to the cheerful and badass girl that he couldn't bear her sadness, even if it is due to something as casual as a  headache.

You want some medicine, Nandu? Noor asked concerned. She was too caring for her own good. Nandini smiled at her nodding a no, slightly relaxing everyone. Kritika ran her fingers in Nandini's hair to relieve her from pain.