11. Wine and Wuss

Start from the beginning

He saw Raina going out of the office building as it was end of office hours.

He got out of his car with ease and walked towards her.

She was going past him. He called her, "Raina!"

Her steps halted , she looked at him.

"Get inside the car.", he said and waited for her to walk to his car.

He told his driver, "Give us a moment in private."

"Sure sir.", Driver nodded and walked away.

The staff working closely with Rathores were loyal, either a driver or house help back in the private area of palace. They knew what will come if they will utter a single word about the private life of Royals in other world. The driver of Adhiraj would have concluded by now who was Raina to him.

"Come inside, Raina.", he opened the car door. Raina didn't said a word and get inside the car. She didn't wanted to but it was better than being inside a car as compared to making a scene in parking lot.

She was not sure if he was still angry or not.

He himself went to other side and get on the back seat, beside Raina.

Raina didn't face him. She kept looking straight. Her eyes were turning glassy and fingers fumbling the string of her bag.

But when her eyes had no further capabilities to hold the salty stream, few tears trickle down.

He saw it and pulled her towards him by holding her elbow,"Hey!"

She crashed against his chest. In a second, her straight face transitioned into furrowed eyebrows, scrunched nose and pouty lips.

Wrapping hands around his torso, she let out a sob.

Adhiraj patted her head, "Hey!! Stop crying."

"I am not crying. Tears are just flowing.", she sniffed.

"Then why are your tears flowing?", he relaxed back against the cushioned seat.

"Because you scolded me."

He asked, "So you will start crying? And I scolded you before."

He said referring to the time when he used to mentor Raina and Adhvan and when both of them were getting good scoldings on each mistakes.

"You said that I won't be successful.", her voice cracked as she remembered his words, those were hurting her from yesterday.

"To be honest, you won't be if you will be careless like this.", his stated.

"Someone told you to stay at their place and have dinner, and you agreed like that, so easily?", he cross-questioned her.

Before she could say anything, he spoke up, "You are not any other person with a start-up. You are the wedded princess and future queen of Suryagarh estate. You are not allowed to be an easy target like this."

He hold her neck from back and pulled her a little away from him. She looked up with her slightly red eyes. Taking out his handkerchief, he wiped that sticky tears while whispering, "And you are not allowed to cry like this."

When he was done, he left her neck and she again wrapped her hands around him, burying her face against his midriff.

"You were so angry with me.", her voice came out muffled.

"I was and I am.", he nodded, not changing his verdict at all.

"My words were harsh because Raina I am a human and human must have imperfections. You are crying because you are hurt and can't control it, I was yelling at you because I was furious and could not control it. My apologies for that.", he was passing his fingers through her hair, the rubber band was laying on the car floor long ago.