11. Wine and Wuss

Start from the beginning

He raised his finger on his assistant and ordered, "Go and bring them back, safely."

"Yes sir.",Mihir nodded and ran to his car.

Adhiraj took out his phone and called his brother, the call went dead before connecting.

Then his thumb touched the name of his wife. Once, twice, thrice....
He called her many times but she didn't received. Unlike Adhvan's, her call was connecting.

He felt pain crawling through the nerves of his brain.

"Where the hell is she??", he gritted out in anger.

🔅🔆🔅

Next Day:-

Adhvan was standing there with his head hung low and hands clasped behind his back, "They said that it would be great to have dinner together-"

Adhiraj raised his eyebrows,"And food was more important than safety?"

"No.",Adhvan muttered lowly.

Adhiraj was leaning back on the desk, he straightened and took steps towards his brother.

After reaching in front of him, he said very dangerously, "If this will happen again, I will break both of your legs and lock you in your room."

"It is better than getting killed outside, isn't it?",he mocked him.

"My apologies Bhai sa.", Adhvan said without matching his eyes.

He got out of his brother's cabin and shrugged, "Hah!!!"

The feared expression fading away and relieved one taking over. He blew out a deep breath and started walking away while a soft and quirky tune of wolf whistle flew in between his lips.

Give him fir being habitual of hia brother's scoldings since his childhood.

But the door of the cabin soon opened making Adhvan startle.

Adhiraj angrily asked, "Who whistled?"

"I don't know.", Adhvan squeaked and literally jogged through that corridor muttering, "Run Adhvan, save your life."

Adhvan grabbed a chair and settled himself on it. He was in Raina's cubicle but she was just staring at her computer screen.

"Bhabhi sa!", he nudged her but got no response.

"You know, I just got threatened with my life. Well, God saved me."

"I am not talking to you.", Raina said, still not looking at him.

"Why?", he frowned.

"Because you made me scapegoat to escape his anger.", the answer came in monotone.

"Ahhh!! He scolded you too?", he asked.

Instead answering she thrusted a file in his hand and said, "Complete this file."

"Bhabhi sa-"

"Before evening.", she cut off him in middle.

"Wh-", he was processing things. Just then she pushed his chair with her foot, jerking him up withing a second.

"You both are so-"

Raina did not listen his whole sulking and put on her headphones.

🔅🔆🔅

His car stopped in one corner of parking lot. Adhiraj called Mihir to get an important file, turns out his assistant needed sometime to get that done.

Just like last day, that day was also chaotic. He had to attained a long meeting with the insurance company regarding that accident in the factory.