18 - The Badass Seed

Start from the beginning

"Are you finished?" Aria asked, shoving Spencer lightly. 

"Aw, look at little Aria, getting all embarrassed." Katherine said. 

"It's not like we'll always be able to go on a double date with you guys." Emily said. 

"Yeah, you won't even send us pictures." Hanna said. 

"Pictures? Hanna, we meet at his apartment. It's not SeaWorld." Aria said. 

"We're just saying, it'd be nice." Emily said. 

"Believe me, I know. Wish I could. But I can't." Aria said. 

"Maybe I can ask Eric, he doesn't know Mr. Fitz." Katherine said. 

"Noel's brother? Fat chance." Aria said. 

"Is Mr. Fitz in the auditorium?" Jenna asked, walking in. 

"I'm right here, Jenna. What can I do for you?" Ezra asked, walking over. 

"I don't know if you're interested, but I would like to compose some music for the play." Jenna said. 

"Sure. That'd be great. For the flute?" Ezra said. 

"Yes." Jenna said. "Is there a reason that you picked The Bad Seed? It's one of my favorites. The theme is so inspiring."

"Inspiring?" Ezra asked, thinking the same thing as the group of girls right by them. 

"I'm fascinated by the nature of evil." Jenna said. 

"Yes, well, just let me know your progress on the music." Ezra said. "Katherine Maybell." He said, leading the brunette to the auditorium for her audition. 

"See you." Katherine said, standing up and strutting into the auditorium. 

...

"Hey, Spence, Ian." Katherine said, walking into the Hastings home. 

"Hey, Kat." They said, freaking each other out for a second. 

"Are you packing?" Katherine asked Ian. 

"And unpacking. Babies come with lots of gear." Ian said. 

"I can help." Katherine offered. 

"No, it's fine. I've got it." Ian said, giving the younger girl a warm smile. 

"I'm gonna go get ready for school, I'll be down in a little bit." Spencer said. 

"Okay, I'll be with Ian." Katherine said. "So, how is Melissa? The baby?" She asked. 

"They're good, doc says that the baby seems healthy so far." Ian said. 

"That's great. I'm really happy for you guys." Katherine said. 

...

"That's awesome. That's the part you really wanted, right?" Emily asked. 

"Yep. I got the mom and Kat got the lead. It's pretty cool." Spencer said. 

"If you guys are all involved, maybe I should do props." Emily said. 

"Why is Paige McCullers calling you?" Spencer asked. 

"Better question, why do you have Paige's number saved?" Katherine said. 

"Is she still torturing you?" Spencer asked. 

"I will hurt her." Katherine said. 

"No, you've already hurt her enough. And, no. We're cool now." Emily said.