3 - To Kill A Mocking Girl

"Whose idea was this, again?" Hanna asked as they walked through the woods.

"Emily's mom." Spencer said.

"The shed was me. My mom just said we should do something for us." Emily said.

"Well, couldn't we do something without mosquitoes?" Hanna asked.

"They're not mosquitos, they're gnats." Aria said.

"Whatever! They're small and annoying, and they're flying up my nose." Hanna said.

"Well, they're attracted to your perfume. And your hair product." Spencer said.

"Don't forget her lip gloss!" Katherine said. "Also, I should be getting wasted with Noel right now,  not walking through the woods."

"So, what are you saying, I attract flies?" Hanna asked.

"Gnats." Aria corrected.

"Why do I feel like this is the wrong way?" Emily asked.

"No, this is it. I remember that tree. It's the halfway point. There's 136 steps left to the shed." Spencer said.

"Have you been out here since Alison?" Emily asked.

"Me? No. No way." Spencer said defensively.

"But you remember that tree." Aria said.

"You guys, it's not that weird. I mean, we came out here in eighth grade like, every day, even after." Katherine said.

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this. Whatever you call it, shrine." Spencer said.

"It's not a shrine. It's just a place to remember Alison. What's wrong with that?" Emily said.

"Doing it way out here makes it look like we have something to hide." Spencer said.

"You're worried what other people think?" Emily asked.

" Well, aren't you? Do you really want to give that creepy detective more reasons to question us?" Spencer asked.

"He definitely has reasons to question me more. I sound so suspicious." Katherine said.

"Who were you really with anyways?" Aria asked.

"Boyfriend." Katherine said.

"Wait, who the hell were you dating last year?" Spencer asked.

"Just some older guy." Katherine said. It wasn't a complete lie. Jason is older.

"Hanna, why are you so quiet?" Emily asked.

"I'm trying to keep the bugs in my nose and out of my mouth." Hanna said.

" You're allowed to have an opinion on this." Emily said.

"On Kat's ex?" Hanna asked.

"What? No. Going to the shed, doing something to remember Alison." Emily said.

"You want my opinion? I say we hold off and not remember her 'til we know for sure she's not still here." Hanna said.

"What?" The four girls asked.

"What are you talking about?" Aria asked.

"You think she's still alive?" Emily asked.

"Hanna, they found her body." Spencer said.

"I'm sorry, Han but Ali is gone. We went to her funeral." Katherine said.

"Stop. I'm officially scared. Can we just not?" Aria said.