Chapter 2: Journey to the Land of Medicine

I was now walking through the woods, looking at my map as I started making my journey to the Land of medicine. Based on the map, it will take me two days to reach the land of medicine. I just hope finding this herb won't be too difficult to get.

"I just hope Kabuto is right about the demon wolf tiger because I didn't feel like having to deal with fighting a demon," I muttered, putting the scroll back into my pouch.

I then heard my stomach rumbling, signaling that I should take a break for lunch. So I decided to go catch some fish in a nearby river. While heading over to the river, I felt three presences close by, so I quickly hid my presence, and charka sank into the tree-like father taught me.

A teenage female with long black hair wearing blue and black kimono sbd blue pants walked into the clearing, looking around. I noticed her chakra felt familiar.

Following behind her, we're two boys. One with brown hair stopping at his neck. Who was wearing a black and golden jacket and golden and black anbu style pants. The last boy had orange hair covering his forehead and stopped at his shoulder.
Along with orange cat ears and tail, he wore a grey shirt and black sleeveless vest. To finish off, he had on a star necklace. I narrowed my eyes, trying to see their headbands. They were definitely familiar, yet I couldn't figure out why.

'I definitely recognize those three, though.'

"Hey Misumi, what's wrong? Why did you stop?" The orange hair asked.

"Sorry, I thought I sensed someone," She replied, looking around, and noticed her Hyuga eyes.

"I don't see anyone. You probably imagine things from all this traveling," The brown hair boy said.

"Yeah, you're right, especially since it felt like Kaiya's charka," She muttered.

I then finally realized why they seemed familiar to me now.

"I didn't know her well, but I miss her too. She just suddenly disappeared,", The orange hair Neko said.

"Ichiro, right Misumi," The brown hair said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "I miss her as much as you, and so does Neji, but sadly she vanished without a trace."

"Yeah, I just don't know how that was possibly if she was kidnapped, then the shinboi was skilled to get in without being detected," She said.

"Agree anyway; we better get going. We have a mission to finish," The brown hair boy said, kissing the girl's cheek.

"Yeah, so quit flirting, you two," The orange hair Neko muttered, dragging them alomg with him.

Once they were gone, I came out of the tree and looked in the direction they went.

'So Misumi and Aito started dating. Ichiro is also able to walk again and back to being a shinboi. So they actually were looking for me even though most people in the village didn't trust me. Oh well, I'm not going back not as long as my father rouge. I must protect him at all cost.' I thought while heading to a different part of the river to avoid running into my old teammates.

***

When I arrived at the river, I began fishing for some fish to eat for lunch after gathering some firewood to light a fire to cook my fish.

"Eat a quick lunch; then I get back to making my way to the Land of medicine to find this herb of life," I said, stretching out my arms in the water. Like I can do with my tongue and father does every now with his neck apparently something his clan could then they focus charka to those parts of their body.

When I brought my arms back up from the water, I retrieved two fish and did it again, bringing up two more fish.

"Alright, that should be enough fish to fill me up," I said, collecting my fish and going over to my pile of logs, making hand signs, and using fire style justu to start a fire. My fire style is not as strong as my water and earth charka nature, though.

Grabbing a stick, I put the first fish on it and began cooking it while studying the picture of the herb Kabuto gave me. So I had a good idea of what I was looking for when I reached the Land of Medicine.

'So it's a bright lime green herb with a hint of yellow to it.' I thought, looking at the herb in the picture as I took a bite of my fish that was decently cooked now, before moving on to cooking another one of my fish.

After finishing my fish, I put out the fire and began to continue making my way to the Land of Medicine.

***

After a couple of hours of walking, I stopped at a clearing and decided to set up camp since it was starting to get dark.

I narrowed my eyes, seeing some apples in the tree.

"A few apples should be enough to fill me up for the night," I said, shooting a snake out of my sleeve grabbing me one of the apples from the tree.

'After all, I don't need something big to eat after all that fish for lunch.' I thought, taking a bite of my apple.

Once I was done entirely eating my apple. I took out my sleeping bag and summoned one of my snakes to keep guard while I got shut-eye for a few hours before continuing the journey to the Land of medicine. With one thought on my mind as I drifted off to sleep.

'I hope that this herb of life will give father his use of hands back entirely. Change bodies help him be able to move them, but I can tell he is still in pain from what happened during his fight.'

Chapter End!

I hope you all enjoy the second chapter of The Rouge Senju- Serpent. This chapter saw her old teammates and saw that there teammate before her was fully healed. Feel free to let me know what you think of this story so far.

Word Count: 1032