☆ Secrets

Your POV

"Mum, can you come here?" I called out, placing plates on the table. "Mum!" I called out louder. 

No response. 

I sighed, walking into the living room, friends was blasting on the television. 

"Mum!" I exclaimed, walking toward her. 

She turned to me, "It's Thursday night, and Friends is on, what can I do?" she shrugged. 

"We need tissues." I replied. 

"Third cupboard in the kitchen." 

I nodded and walked into the kitchen, quickly ripping open a package of tissues and placing it on the table. 

The doorbell rang right then, it must be the Stacys. My mum got up and turned the television off, sorting the couch and the coffee table a bit. 

I opened the door to see a beaming Gwen, her mother, father and brothers behind her. 

"Hi Mr Stacy, hi Mrs Stacy." I smiled, gesturing for all of them to come in. 

"Hi." Gwen mouthed as she walked in, I waved back. 

"Helen! It's been so long." my mum said, hugging mrs Stacy, also smiling at Gwen's dad.

"It really has, last time you and Y/n were over, one of these boys were still crawling around." she laughed. 

We all settled around the table, everyone having their own conversation. I excused myself from the table for a moment to get Gwen's notebook. "I'll just be a minute." 

I walked into my room, starting rummage through my stuff to find Gwen's notebook. Then I hear faint tapping on my window, I swiftly turn around, and my soul nearly jumps out of my body seeing Peter sitting outside. 

With a confused expression on my face, I walked over to the window and slid it open. 

"How did you--" 

"Fire escape." he said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Right. Right. Wait but it's 15 st--" 

He cut me off again, pulling flowers out of his bag, holding them. 

"I brought you these." he said, still gripping the tattered, withering flowers. 

He brought me flowers? That's new. 

I laughed at him, "They're- beautiful." I said, holding back a laugh. 

"They were pretty, I swear." he replied, smiling and looking embarrassed. 

"No, I'm sure, I mean- look at them, those colours and all." 

He buries his face in the bouquet, shaking his head. 

I smile at him. "It's okay Peter, you're still cute." 

It took me a minute to realise what I said, when I realised, so did Peter.

"Come on, everyone's waiting downstairs.. Is that a suit?" I said quickly, trying to move on. 

He looked alarmed for a second and didn't say anything, "My suit?" he repeated, as if he were being cautious of what he was saying. 

"Never mind." I grab his wrist and pull him with me, walking down the stairs. "Look who I found."  I announced as Peter and I went over to everyone at the table. 

--

"So, George, how's work going?" Mum asked asked as everyone was eating. 

"Yeah dad, did you catch that spider guy yet?" Simon asked, poking at his fish.