Ship Shape-Up

Count Bleck flicked his cape out, turned, and walked off, leaving the cavernous area. Nastasia walked up to Mr.L and directed his attention to the ship, stepping beside the large bulk of metal.

"Yeah, you'll be in charge of fixing this thing, 'K? We need it by sunrise before the warrior in red catches up to us." Nastasia told him.

Mr.L grinned as he rocked on his heels, excited to get started. Nastasia walked up to O'Chunks and Dimentio next, her expression as blank as ever.

"Yeah, and you both will assist him with whatever he needs to fix the ship, 'K? Mimi should report in soon and will also help you, 'K? 'K." Nastasia said.

"WHAT?!" O'Chunks bellowed.

Nastasia quickly walked off as O'Chunks stomped his foot on the ground in protest.

"'Dis is an outrage!!! I ain't gonna let no wee newbie Star Warrior tell meh what teh do!!!" O'Chunks spat.

Dimentio hummed as he floated beside O'Chunks and Mr.L.

"You know... There is a SMALL flaw with the Count's plan..." Dimentio hummed, "The planet Dark Star doesn't HAVE anything there. I should know that. HE should know that."

Dimentio turned to see what his fellow team members had to say only to see O'Chunks sitting cross-legged on the ground and Mr.L peeling off a plate from the hull of the ship.

"Were you two even LISTENING?" Dimentio questioned.

Dimentio winced at the sound of screeching metal, Mr.L having shoved a panel away from what was apparently the outside control system.

"Nope!" Mr.L replied.

"The Count just LIED to us." Dimentio stated, his yellow eye turning a slight red, "Aren't you bothered that he may be leading us astray?!"

"I'm pretty sure you're just overreacting." Mr.L told him, already pulling and plucking wires.

"Teh Count knows what 'es doin'," O'Chunks replied, still sitting on the ground.

Dimentio scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Please, you're acting like a child who has been bribed by a toy!" Dimentio spat at Mr.L.

This time Mr.L scoffed and rolled his eyes back.

"Oh come on, this thing is NOT a toy." Mr.L stated.

"And yet, you play with it as if it is one." Dimentio pointed out.

Mr.L ignored him and went back to working on the starship. Dimentio hummed and turned around just as Mimi came running through the bushes, breathing heavily from sprinting, no doubt.

"It appears that we have a latecomer, ah ha ha." Dimentio laughed.

"What 'appened teh ya?" O'Chunks questioned.

"Those meanies beat me up!" Mimi pouted, "They got the other green guy, too!"

Dimentio hummed in response with a nod.

"Well, to catch you up, the Count wants us all to repair this ship so we can get led into a trap," Dimentio stated with a smirk.

"Okay... What did he actually say?" Mimi asked O'Chunks.

"He wants us to fix this thing up and fly to planet Dark Star by sunrise!" Mr.L shouted back from inside of the ship.

Mimi yawned in response with a small stretch.

"Mmm... Yeah, no thank you. I'm a little sleepy. What about you, Chunky?" Mimi questioned.

She didn't get a response and she turned to face him.

"Chunky?" She asked.

Mimi nudged him a little and he easily toppled over, already asleep.

"Welp, I guess that answers that!" Mimi giggled.

The green shape-shifter grabbed O'Chunks by the ankle and began pulling him along toward the entrance of the ship's inside.

"Ya coming Greenie? What about you, Dimmy?" Mimi asked.

"Nope! Gotta fix this thing up!" Mr.L replied, "F-for the Count, that is..."

Dimentio hummed and tapped his chin as if in thought.

"No thank you, but I have other needs to attend to first," Dimentio stated.

"Whatever flies your ship." Mimi shrugged.

Mimi pulled along O'Chunks inside of the ship, the automatic door shutting behind her, Mr.L still working relentlessly on the giant aircraft. Dimentio simply turned and floated off, looking for where the Count and Nastasia had gone.

"You couldn't have gone too far without teleporting... And I would've known if you did..." Dimentio narrated out loud, "Like a game of hide and seek with me as the tagger, I will find you..."

He lowered his head and continued into the woods, determined to find answers to the Count's blatant lie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timpani hummed a tune under her breath as she sat on her bed in her dorm room. She didn't share her room with anyone anymore, her previous roommate had defected from the army, so she had the space to herself now, though a vacant bed lay there still. Timpani wiggled her feet as she read a book until a soft knocking came at her door.

She quickly perked up, ran over, and opened the door. Timpani smiled, seeing none other than Blumiere standing there, his hands folded in front of himself. He had an awkward smile as he looked at Timpani, slightly blushing. She stepped aside, allowing him to walk in. He did so and sat on the bed across from her own as she went back to her bed.

"You're a little late... Did something happen?" Timpani asked.

"Yes, my father caught me..." Blumiere sheepishly admitted, "Sneaking out of my dormitory wasn't easy after that."

Timpani smiled a little and looked down.

"It's alright... I'm just glad you came." Timpani replied, looking back up at him, "I know that you and your father don't seem to have the most healthy of relationships."

They both laughed a little, blushing to themselves. Blumiere sighed to himself and got up from the bed, tugging his cape more over his shoulders.

"I should probably go back... It's getting late..." Blumiere murmured.

He took a step toward the door and Timpani quickly stood up.

"W-wait! Can't you just stay here? At least a while longer?" Timpani asked.

Blumiere appeared a little shocked at first but smiled in response with a nod.

"Of course, Timpani." He replied.

Blumiere walked back over to the bed he was sitting on and Timpani followed next to him. As they both sat down, Timpani carefully removed his cape, allowing his bat-like wings to spread out a little. Blumiere smiled warmly at her.

"You are a strange girl... You see these wings upon my back and my appearance yet you do not seem afraid." Blumiere said.

Timpani smiled softly and scooted up next to him.

"I don't care what you look like... I just want to be with you..." Timpani murmured, "Is that... so wrong?"

Blumiere quickly shook his head.

"No. No, of course not." Blumiere reassured, "I wanted to see you too..."

"Blumiere... Do you mind if I sit next to you?" Timpani asked, looking up at him.

"Please do, Timpani," Blumiere replied, "I would like that very much..."

Timpani went next to him and leaned into his side, smiling as she closed her eyes. Timpani dozed off as Blumiere gently wrapped one of his wings around her, holding her close as he fell asleep as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super Poyo Mario! (An SPM AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara