Life is interesting. Sona thought. If this was really her first morning after marriage then she would have freaked out and would be overthinking but look at her, she is married and is still as calm as water. Sona shook her head sighing, she did not know what will happen next. But the thing she did know is that she is going to work like a madwoman and get this freaking mbbs degree and do her PG and MD and become a freaking doctor.

She did not know anything about love and soulmates but she did know that she would do something in her life and then she would make sure that she would give back the blessings that God has bestowed upon her by giving her an understanding and as hard-working as her husband. She would make sure that she helps hopeless people just like God helped her in her hopelessness.

Patting her back energetically and giving a wide, hopeful smile to the mirror, Sona quickly hopped into the shower.

*****

Applying the lip gloss to her naturally reddish-pink lips, Sona looked over her image in the mirror. She looked so damn gorgeous and beautiful, Sona concluded. Sona was never over conscious of her looks, she knew that she was beautiful and she damn well knew how to dress herself up too. Sona has never needed validation for her looks from anyone else thanks to her mother who taught her to never doubt her capabilities and looks. Her mother made sure she made Sona a confident yet kind-hearted young lady and Sona was thankful for it.

Sona tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at her husband who was still sleeping. She moved forward and took her phone from the bedside table and selected an alarm for 7:23 am. She moved towards Devasya and kept her phone near his ear and in a minute a loud cheering and clapping sound erupted into the room.

Devasya woke up, startled. He rubbed his eyes and heard cheering sounds from beside him. He passed a hand through his hair and exhaled loudly

"What Sona?" He asked in a deep husky voice.

"Good morning, its going to be 7:30 and I am going down so I thought to wake you up." Sona chirped.

"With this absurd sound?" Devasya said with a palm kept over his eyes.

"Yeah, this is my favorite alarm voice. It reminds me of the people who will shout and clap and cheer when I will accomplish my goals and I thought this suited you too, I mean I saw how hard you were working yesterday so yeah" Sona answered back.

"Wow, this is actually a pretty great way to wake someone up as well as to remind them of their goals too. Can you send this to my number please?"

"Yes, Of course. I am going down now so bye" Sona said and went towards the door.

Devasya scrunched up his face remembering the work he has. He has so many meetings emails and files to draft. Devasya sometimes wished to have a geenie so that he could have just asked him for an assistant, free of cost, to do his work for him. He smiled sleepily at his thoughts. Devasya knew hard work is the only key to success so discarding these humorous thoughts he stood up and went towards the bathroom.

*****

"Aiye, Aiye naye naye patidev ji. Apka hi Intezaar tha." Devasya heard as soon as he entered the kitchen for Sonarika's first rasoi. Looking towards the Chairs pushed up into the corner, he could make out the faces of some of the aunties, probably his mother's friend. Smiling politely, he moved towards, his mom who was standing with Sonarika. "Sharma gaya bichara" All the aunties erupted in giggles as Devasya moved forward.

"Mom, Do you need me for something today?" Devasya asked in a bored tone. He saw Sonarika from the corner of his eye preparing kheer for her first meal in his kitchen.

"Yes, Dev. Sona is going to give you kheer as this is her first rasam for today. After this, you can do as you please."

"Alright" Devasya agreed making Maya nod satisfied with her son's compliance. Devasya went towards the group of his cousins sitting and chatting.

"Hey man" One of his cousins, Prashant, greeted him cheerily.

"Hey" Devasya replied simply. "So, you're married huh?" Prashant asked trying to make small talk. "hmm," Devasya said in a bored tone.

"Damn, you really gonna act like it's noting big huh?" Prashant asked smiling. "I don't know how you want me to act like then"

"You sure are a lot more grumpy. Let's see how is Sonarika bhabhi going to handle this attitude". Devasya rolled his eyes internally.

"Yeah, Let's see. He is talking like instead of my wife, Sonarika is some hunter who would hunt me down and ask me to behave as per her will. Idiot." Devasya thought irritatingly.

"Vaise, what about your startup buisn-"

"DEVASYA" Maya screamed from the kitchen and Devasya thanked his stars for the interruption of one more taunting session which was about to begin.

Devasya stood up un-politely and unapologetically. He moved towards the kitchen where Sonarika had one bowl held up for him. He took it and smiled politely at her."Here, eat this up" Maya asked her son. "Yeahhh" Devasya drawled out.

Devasya licked his spoon clean. He had to give it up to Sonarika, who was now receiving compliments from all around her, that this kheer was really something else. It was tasty. Too damn tasty. I got a chef huh. He thought amusedly and shook his head at his own thoughts.

Sona could see contentment written on every face she could see. She sighed happily thanking the lord above for her mother teaching her cooking otherwise it would have been embarrassing today. "Ma, I am going now" She heard Devasya telling his mother. Sona smiled back when Devasya shot her a dimpled smile thanking her for the kheer.

As she saw him leaving the kitchen area, She could not help but wonder what it would have been like if she made her pehli rasoi for her true husband. She could hear all the relatives around her sharing their first rasoi story and she smiled politely each time they looked at her while telling their story.

Sona knew that her story has begun but she had no idea what is going to happen next and according to her, it was actually nice that she doesn't know that. She just hopes it's going to be good and a story worthy to tell.

 She just hopes it's going to be good and a story worthy to tell