Rising of the Witnesses

Beginne am Anfang

Saying with a smile:

"You got big, son."

"Hey Bobby, it's been a while. It's good to see you." Y/N said happily.

"You too. Thanks for coming along, Sam and I both figured we could use your raw power on this one." Bobby replied.

Y/N was surprised at such an admission, looking between the two experienced Hunters and asking:

"What have we got?"

"I've got a Hunter friend one county over. Olivia Lowry. I've been trying to reach her for three days on this... thing. It's not like her to ignore this many calls" Bobby replied in a slightly panicked tone.

"I'll help where I can" Y/N nodded, still unsure why he was pulled out of school for this but figured it was something to do with Ghoul Studies.

"You ride with Sam in his car, I'll take mine" Bobby answered.

"Wait, we're driving?" Y/N asked puzzled. "Wouldn't apparition be quicker?"

"There's too many wards between here and there" Sam answered quickly. "They've been put up for security with all the dark creatures that have been coming in the country, and most hunters except Bobby aren't connected to Floo. Too paranoid."

Y/N nodded in understanding and followed Sam to his 1967 Impala. Sam smiled proudly and stared:

"Get in shotgun, Y/N. This here is my baby"

 This here is my baby"

—~—

As Sam and Y/N were driving through the English countryside following Bobby, Sam said with a heavy sigh:

"Look I'm sorry to drag you out here, kid. But given what you were able to do to that den, you're probably already more powerful than most hunters I know. I'll give you credit for today towards your NEWT somewhere."

Y/N smiled as he looked out the window and replied:

"Don't worry about it Sam. One, we're friends, I protect my friends. Two, I'm a L/N. We're hunters. This is the family business."

Y/N was too busy looking at the Dorset countryside rolling by to notice Sam smiling next to him.

—~—

It was little over an hour of driving when the two cars arrived at Olivia's house to find the front door unlocked. The three wizards entered, wands drawn. They were met by a horrifying sight.

Olivia's corpse was laying on the floor, ribcage ripped open, blood everywhere. It looked like she had been ripped apart from the inside. Bobby suddenly took off out the door.