𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

“Emmaaa……emmaaa” shouted an anonymous voice while Emma was sleeping. It was barely half past five in the morning when Emma saw something unexpected from her window. It was Theodore. “My goodness! Theodore!” she shouted as they slowly and steadily went outside her house. Not before long did they kiss each other, Theodore said “Come on let’s run away from here my dear. We will go to London and get married, have a cute and small family and like a fairy tale’s end we will live happily ever after.” “Run away from here, from Camelot? But Theo this place is all I have and all I know. I can’t leave this place.” Said Emma. “I am very afraid to talk to my father about us Emma..” “but you promised in the letter you would.” “yes I did, but I realized I couldn’t. Hence is why I have come to take you with me forever and ever.” But Emma was not ready to leave Camelot and so she denied and said “If you cannot afford to have the courage to speak to your father about us then it shows you have no respect for your decision. And a man who does not have respect for his decision, how could he respect his love? I am sorry Theodore, I will not leave this place until you speak to your father. If he says to leave I will, but you at least have to make an effort to have a conversation with him regarding us. Until then I will not see you. I will wait for you once again, just the way I did. Goodbye Theo until we meet again.” Perhaps Theodore had never expected this to occur but then he promised Emma that he will speak to his father and would soon be back with pleasant news. And as promised he made an attempt to speak to him the very next morning. “Good Morning Father, I hope you slept well.” “Yes son, I did. Well, how is London and your studies going?” “Good father, really good.” “I hope at least the very one thing we needed your attention to divert from is fulfilled” said his father. “I didn’t get your point.” “I am talking about Emma Roosevelt. I hope you don’t like her anymore.” “Father I still do and wanted to speak to you regarding this matter only. Emma and I still love each other…” “What? I will have her killed by dawn.” “No father please listen to what I desire to speak. I was actually going to elope with her today early morning and take her to London, but she was the one who refused. She said she would only go or marry me if you give the permission to. Please it’s not her fault. Do not give her the pain she never deserved.” “Alright, fine by me, my permission is no. Now, you may leave today evening to London again and you will never return, because if you do, Emma would not be able to see the next rising sun. Do you get it Theodore?” “Yes father I do and I give you my word I will never return to this land. Not until you  rest peacefully in your grave.” Replied Theodore and honestly, he had spoken the latter part in a very low tone. Such as it could not be heard by anyone, especially his father. Theodore had almost packed his remaining things at this house and sent a letter to Emma.
The letter this time, was given to Emma by Mrs. Mathews at the garden where she met her earlier as well. It said:-
“Dear Emma, what good fortune you are born with. As soon as father got to know that it was you who told me to speak to him, he was fully contented with you and granted me the permission to marry you. But as you know, he is the head of Camelot, respect comes first to him and then his love for his son and hence he has told me to take you away to London this very evening. Therefore, meet me in the forest behind the railway station. I will be waiting for you. Love you my darling.
Yours Theodore.”
Emma couldn’t believe at those words at first but eventually was very happy. She hugged Mrs. Mathews and thanked her for everything she had done to improve Emma’s state when she was heartbroken. Later, Emma quickly packed her bags and left for the forest where Theodore was longingly waiting for her. When asked by her parents, where she was heading, she said “Oh well, Meg has invited me for a week to stay with her in her farmhouse. Therefore, you both need not to worry. I will be back in a week’s time.” Her parents didn’t say anything and let her go, not knowing that their daughter would never return ever again to the Roosevelt Estate. Shortly after did she meet Theodore and kissed him and said “Oh Theo, I knew you would speak like a proper gentleman with your father and then take me with you and not as a coward.” “Well Emma as you know I hate lying or keeping a secret from you…nevertheless let’s catch the train” said Theodore hesitantly. “What are you implying to say Theo? No, boarding the train is alright but first tell me what’s wrong?” “Well Emma, the thing is I never spoke to my father. I lied to you, so that you could come with me and my father warned me that this time if I return, he would sentence you to death and that’s why I had to lie and now I am taking you without his consent and I am sorry to do that.” “What? So you never spoke to him?” “No my love, I did, he never agreed.” “Theodore, how could you? How could you speak such a great lie to me?” Theodore tried to apologize but Emma was just surprised. She had started leaving from there, when Theo dragged her towards himself, kissed her and said “You are mine, only mine Emma and I won’t let you die or be anyone else’s.” “Leave me Theodore. I never want to see you again.” Emma had started crying and she made every single effort to make him leave her hand.

But it was just impossible. Theodore and Emma had been fighting in the forest all night, and hence was the train also not caught by any of them. Later on, Theo had no choice but to leave Emma forever and ever in the busy village of Camelot.
As he went away from her, his silhouette became fader and fader.

Emma could do nothing but just break down there shattered with just a gasp as she saw him leaving perhaps once and for all

Time passed, and one pleasant morning, Meg came bolting towards the door and asked softly “How is the little mama?” Recently Emma was experiencing the most sweetest and deepest feeling of all and that was being a ‘mother’

Time passed, and one pleasant morning, Meg came bolting towards the door and asked softly “How is the little mama?” Recently Emma was experiencing the most sweetest and deepest feeling of all and that was being a ‘mother’. Eliza tried to ‘shh’ her friend as Emma and her newborn baby were sleeping silently. Eliza also told Margaret about Emma baby that it was actually Theo and Emma’s child, which made him the father. But as Theo had promised, he never returned. Emma wrote him almost thousands of letters regarding her baby and how was she managing alone in a rental house at Camelot, because her parents had disowned her on learning that she was expecting a baby. But Theodore neither answered her letters nor did he ever return. Henceforth, Emma had made up her decision to take care of the baby all alone as a single mother and named her Rose Dawson. She named her so because it was a Rose which Theodore had given to Emma while confessing his love for her for the very first time.

Dawson was named so because Emma wanted to change her surname so that even if her parents try to find her, they would not be able to

Dawson was named so because Emma wanted to change her surname so that even if her parents try to find her, they would not be able to. Rose Dawson is the girl who you already know as a twelve year old staying with her dear mother, Emma Daisy Dawson.
~