𝟏𝟎 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨

" ⁱⁿ ᵃ ˢᵉᵃ ᵒᶠ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ, ᵐʸ ᵉʸᵉˢ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ˢᵉᵃʳᶜʰ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ. "

《CHAPTER 3》

~10 years ago~

It was a bright sunny morning with birds chirping everywhere around the grounds of the large estate in Camelot.

The large estate was known as the Roosevelt Mansion and had belonged to Emma's father Mr

The large estate was known as the Roosevelt Mansion and had belonged to Emma's father Mr. Arthur Roosevelt and his ancestors for over a hundred years. Indeed being a large mansion it was surrounded by it's garden on all four sides. The lawn was as pretty as a picture of an exquisite landscape. "Oh dear...here you are my little Cuz-Cuz" cried Emma, as she was now satisfied by finding her cat. "You know I hate you roaming around the lawn without me. You know right, this is a large house and if you get lost again, will my mother not only be upset but also won't give me another pet." Though Emma was serious, she chuckled while speaking the last phrase. "Oh Emma, time to go to school dear. Are you ready?" This was Mrs. Daisy Roosevelt, Emma's mother and Mr. Roosevelt's wife.
~
(Before you move forward reading, there are some important things to know about Emma. The very first thing you need to know is; Emma was always a disciplined girl with a pleasing personality. She was taught almost everything by her mother which was necessary for a young British lady to do. For example embroidery, collecting flowers, making bouquets, cutlery and table manners, how to conduct oneself at a ball and most importantly taught that how marriage is just an alliance between two families for economic and social purposes and not about love. The second thing you need to know is that Emma had completely a different perspective of looking at marriage. She thought it was all about love and the relationship between a man and his wife. Sometimes I believe Emma was right. The third thing you need to know about Emma is a startling one that she did not believe in love as she thought love had an age. And that age was marriage. Naïve Emma had no idea that this wasn't true. Love is timeless, limitless and has no bounds and scars in it. It is just pure love. Those who can understand this, can understand love very simply.
The fourth thing you need to know is that no matter how upset you are from someone you have to forgive them if they give you la glacé (ice-cream))
~
"Good Morning ma cherié, how are you?" said Mrs. Roosevelt seeing her daughter getting ready for her school. "I am late mother, could you please make my lunch quickly?" Emma said hurriedly. At this her mother nodded and handed over the lunch to her. Shortly after was Emma prepared and walked down the lane, headed for the educational institution. Emma was soon joined by her childhood friends Margaret and Elizabeth. Their sobriquets were Meg and Eliza respectively. Emma, Meg and Eliza were the golden trio of their times. Meg was the soft-hearted one while on the other hand Eliza was a troublemaker.

 Meg was the soft-hearted one while on the other hand Eliza was a troublemaker

(Eliza, Emma and Meg from left to right)

"Aren't you both excited Emma and Meg? For this year is a special one." said Eliza avidly. "I know why Eliza, please don't exaggerate" said Emma drowsily as she was still yawning. The reason behind Eliza's conversation was that at their current year's end they had a ball organized by the institution for young boys and girls. "Young boys and girls are at such stage that they need to be familiar with these gatherings and should get to know each other better than ever. Not to forget that they are the future man and wife. Boys should learn the matters of the state and be muscular enough to fight a war, whereas girls should flower themselves into young lovely wives and nurturing mothers." This was the most common speech announced annually in their school by the headmistress Mrs. Jane Dashwood.

(Mrs Jane Dashwood)

(Mrs Jane Dashwood)

Emma personally detested her as she felt Mrs. Dashwood put a lot of accusations of racial prejudice. As for the two others Meg and Eliza they liked their headmistress too much to hear such harsh words by their very beloved friend. This was because they trusted in love, and had their own obsessions Jack Ryan and Timothy Templeton respectively. As for Emma she wasn't in love with anyone, but had someone who was very precious to her, even more than her childhood friends. He was Theodore Mathews.