CHAPTER 22 - Butterfly Effect

I went back home, thinking about what Mirabel said. What if she's right. "Mija, where have you been?" Mom said. "Um I- Mirabel was outside too and we just talked." I answered. "I'm going upstairs." I rushed to my room. It was getting cold. I knew it was going to rain. I peeked my head out of the window and stared at the stars.

When I'm alone, I think of so many things to say to you, when I have the chance to tell you, I go speechless.

I am still silently hoping that time has made a mistake and has already reserved a moment for us to find each other again.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Dad said, catching me looking at the sky. "Huh- yeah I'm okay." I said. He sat on my bed. "Is everything okay pa?" I sat beside him. No response. Sigh. "She's fine now. She's at peace." I said, patting his back. "I'm going to miss you." I added. He smiled and hugged me. "Take care of yourself." I chuckled. "I will." He laughed.

"So Miguel?" He asked. "W-what do you mean Miguel?" I said, confused.

"That boy likes you y/n, he's a great kid. I know I don't usually talk about this kind of stuff but I like him for you." He said, holding my shoulder. Sigh. "Miguel and I are just friends. I liked him before but now we're just close friends." I replied.

"Hmm. Get some sleep." He said, patting my head.

THE NEXT MORNING

"Good morning mija um a letter came, it was from Pedro, he said that we should stay here first because of what happened to abuela. We still need to recover, especially you and your dad." Mama said. "Oh it's fine." I smiled.

That's great! I still have time to tell him how I feel and do what Abuela told me.

I went to the farm with Miguel. Then I saw Gloria with Abuela Alma. (LIKE THIS)

Is she trying to get Camilo with the help of Abuela Alma?? What if Mirabel's right

Is she trying to get Camilo with the help of Abuela Alma?? What if Mirabel's right. I was looking at them. "Is everything okay?" Miguel said. "Oh um yeah." I answered. I went back to working. I was feeding the donkeys and Miguel was planting more trees. "Y/n!!" Someone called me. It was Mirabel, she was running towards me. "What? What happened?" I asked. "Y/n.... Gloria....she was...." Mirabel said, gasping for air. "What happened to Gloria?" I asked. "You are losing!" She shaked my body.

"What?"

"Don't you remember what I said last night? There's a possibility that Gloria can be with Camilo." She said, "Have you seen Gloria today? She was with Abuela, probably talking about Camilo." She added.

"I- "

"You have to do something." She said, cutting me off. "Come follow me."

"Mirabel I ca-" She grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the farm. Miguel was looking at us. Confused.

She dragged me into a bush, we were hiding. "What are we doing here?" I whispered. "Shhh. There's Camilo with the kids. I'll push you and you'll talk to him." She whispered. "Wha-" She pushed me. They saw me. Camilo and a bunch of kids saw me. I was frozen. I just smiled awkwardly and waved. He laughed.

"Hey y/n." He smiled. "Hi." I smiled awkwardly. "Kids, this is y/n." Camilo introduced.

"I've seen you before, are you Camilo's girlfriend?" One of the kids said.

"What, No, we are not." I answered. "But it'll be cool if you and Camilo dated." Another kid said. "Pfft. Date?" I said, awkwardly. Camilo chuckled. "Okay, okay that's enough. Show's over." He said, coming closer to me. "Hey." He said.

"Uh hi.." I smiled. "I was just leavi-"

"Wait." He grabbed my arm. "Can we hang out tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes, I mean No, but yes uh-"

"I'll take that as a yes." He said, cutting me off. "I'll see you tomorrow." He smirked.

The way he smirked at me. AHHHH. I was frozen, he was walking away. I couldn't move. It was happening again, the thing in my stomach.

Mirabel went to me, "So?"

"He asked me to hang out with him tomorrow." I said, blushing. "YES!" She exclaimed. "This is great! We are starting to beat Gloria." She added. I chuckled.