"I want to spend more time with you but I have to" Venti stretches out his hand and Xiao takes it, the archon pulls him up. "I have something to discuss with the Knights tonight and I'm running late" Venti looks around and he rushes near the cliff of the mountain when he finds what he needs. Xiao follows him, worried that he might trip and fall.

"Be careful!"

"You worry too much, Xiao" Venti's braids dances in the wind as he tucks a qingxin on Xiao's ear. "That's because you are reckless and not careful. I just left you for a second yesterday but you almost got hurt" Xiao glares at Venti. Yesterday, they were taking a stroll and Xiao leaves for awhile because he sensed a demonic spirit in the area only to come back to hilichurls chasing his boyfriend. Xiao wiped out the camp in anger, slaying the monsters without mercy.

"Sorry, I was bored while waiting ehe!" Venti avoids Xiao's hard eyes. The Yaksha sighs, unfolding his arms in his chest to caress Venti's face. "Just be careful. I won't forgive myself if you get hurt- especially under my watch" It's stupid to tell that to an archon but Xiao saw how weak Venti is- he's the weakest of the seven. The bard told him the fatui took his gnosis and he didn't fight for a long time. As of now, Venti is weaker than a vision wielder and Xiao vowed that he'll protect him.

"Okay, I'll do that for you" Venti nuzzles his face against Xiao' s hand. "But if I get hurt and you're not there, don't blame yourself- don't blame anyone" the anemo archon sadly smiles, taking in Xiao's bewitching amber eyes swirling with love- enjoying it. This might be the last time that he gets to see it.

"What do you mean? Are you in danger?" Xiao's eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing!" Venti waves his hand. He clasps Xiao's hands on his face, "I have to go now, my love. I'll meet you at Stone gate tomorrow afternoon."

"Take care on your way back" Xiao's hands fall on his side, a content smile on his face. He can feel that Venti is hiding something but he doesn't pry- maybe it's something personal, Venti will tell him when the time is right. When he is ready and Xiao can wait for that.

"We'll have so much fun tomorrow! I'll cook my specialty for you. Oh archons, I'm getting excited by the idea!" The bard excitedly grabs Xiao's hand, his eyes wide and shinning. Venti's smile widens when Xiao laughs, it's the first time he heard him laugh.

"Alright, alright. Go now or you'll be late. I'll see you tomorrow"

Venti bids his farewell, not wanting to leave. He vanishes in particles of anemo as Xiao watches, anticipating that he'll visit Mondsadt with Venti tomorrow.

---

Xiao finishes his daily patrol early. He feels energized, veins pumping with excitement and heart beating in happiness as he lays down on the soft sand. He smiles when he remembers the night he and Venti confessed. Yaoguang shoal looks magical as ever under the silver glowing moon.

He decides it won't be bad to sleep. If he wakes up, the dark skies will be blue by then then Venti will arrive just as they agreed. However, Xiao finds it hard to sleep.

He groans, moving his body around. His eyes are closed but he feels uncomfortable. Something in the wind feels wrong. Xiao forces an eye open, it's still dark but not as much as when the moon was up. It's probably early dawn. Xiao sits up, senses awakening when he felt the wind caressing his skin.