16- Dad

Y/NS POV-

"Hold on, hold on. WHAT!?" Moms eyes start filling with tears and pulls me into a hug. After a few seconds, she pulls away and quickly wiped her tears. I sit on the bed, trying to understand how he could possibly be alive. He was in that car with mom. Or, was he not? I realize that since he's alive, he could take me away from mom.

My eyes start tearing up and I look up to mom, who is now pacing back and forth while texting someone. "M-Mom?" She stops walking and looks at me. "Is he going to take me from y-you?" She sits next to me and takes deep breaths to calm down. "I...I don't know. The orphanage you were at called me earlier today and told me that your dad went there looking for you. They said that he wants you to live with him again."

I get up and walk to the door. I was about to open the door but Scarlett opens it. Once she sees my tear stained face, she pulls me into a hug. I break out into more tears as mom joins our hug. "I-I don't want to l-leave you." We all hear a knock on the trailer door so mom goes to answer it. Scarlett pulls away and cups my face in her hands.

"Y/N, we are doing everything we can to make sure you stay with Lizzie. Believe me, we are trying." I grab Scarletts hands, pulling them away from me. I let go of her hands once they are off of my face and I walk out. I just need to go somewhere by myself right now.I walk past mom who is standing by the door and I walk past Robert who was talking to mom.

I hear someone following behind me. I walk up to the water and sit in the sand. I stare out at the water as tears continue falling down my face. The footsteps behind me finally stop and the person sits next to me. I continue staring at the water, not wanting to look at whoever is sitting next to me.

"Hey kiddo. It's going to be okay. We all will be here for you no matter what happens." I look over and see Evans wearing a sad smile on his face. "Chris, I finally got an amazing family, amazing life, and an amazing group of people who care for me. And now that's all going to go away. I don't want this to end, Chris. Please, don't let him take me."

Chris wraps his arms around me and I lean into him. "It won't all go away. Like I said, we all will still be here for you. We will never stop caring about you."
I cuddle into Chris more and try to wipe my tears away. "I don't think I can do this Chris. The police obviously lied to me about him. I mean how could he be alive? They told me he was dead. They said he was in the car with my mom when she got into the crash. I saw the car. There's no way he would be alive if he actually was in the car when it crashed."

Chris sighed and slightly tightened his grip around me. We ended up staying like that for about 15 minutes. We didn't speak, we just watched the beautiful sunset. Once the sun was fully gone, Chris let go of me and stood up, reaching his hand out for me. I took his hand and he helped me up. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked to moms trailer. He knocked on moms door and the door quickly opened. I walked around Chris and hugged mom.

Chris said goodnight to us both and mom said goodnight to him. Chris walked to his trailer and mom shut the door. Mom pulls me closer and kisses my head. "We should get to bed, we have to wake up early", mom said as she pulled away. "Why?" "We are flying back home tomorrow. Your dad made Dylan call me and he told me we had to come back." I look behind mom and see Avery asleep on the couch.

I walk over and lie down next to her. "Goodnight, mom. I love you." I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around Avery. I felt mom kiss my head. "Goodnight honey. I love you too." I heard mom walk into her bedroom and shut the door. After a few minutes, I finally fell asleep.

~the next morning~

LIZZIES POV-

I am awoken by my very loud alarm. I groan and move my hand around, trying to find my phone. I finally find it and shut the alarm off. I slowly stand up as I rub my eyes. I sigh as I realize what today is. The day my daughter might be taken from me. I change into my clothes and pack up my things. I walk out of my room to find Avery sitting at my small table and Y/N still asleep.