6- Fostering

~a few days later~

LIZZIE'S POV-

Over the past few days I couldn't get Y/N off of my mind. I kept thinking about how she had told me she's an orphan and that she lives at the bakery.
I was trying to write emails for work but I couldn't focus so I decided to text Scarlett to come over.

Lizzie- "Hey Scarlett, can you come over if you aren't busy?"

Scarlett- "Of course, I'll be over in 15."

Lizzie- "Thank you."

I turned my phone off and turned my attention back to my laptop. I started writing another email but still couldn't focus, so I headed to the kitchen to make a snack.
After a few minutes, I heard a knock at the door, so I quickly walked to the door to answer it. "Scarlett, hey!" She looked up at me and grinned. "Hey, Lizzie!" I moved out of the way so she could come in
"Come in!" She smiled and stepped inside.

~small time skip~

Scarlett and I are sitting on the couch talking about what's been happening lately. Scarlett is talking about Rose and it kept making me think about Y/N. "Hey, Scar?" She stopped talking and studied my face. "Yeah? What's up", she asked.
"Well, remember Y/N?" She nodded at me so I continued. "So, a few days ago I found out she's an orphan and I was wondering if you think it's to soon to ask to foster her? I mean, I don't really know her and I've only seen her a few times but, what do you think?"
She stared at me with a blank face for a few seconds thinking about what to say. "I think, it's fine. But at the end of the day, you have to decide if you're ready." I looked down at my hands and started playing with my rings. She softly smiled at me and placed a hand on my shoulder to make me look up at her.
"If you really want to foster her, you should go for it." I took a deep breath and I leaned in to hug her. She hugged me back and whispered in my ear, "Maybe you can even adopt her some day!" I looked up at her with a small smile and she giggled.
"Let's not get to far ahead of our selves, Johansson. But, that would be an option."
I checked the time to make sure the bakery is still open. "Perfect! The bakery is still open! Can you come with me, Scar?" "Of course! Now let's go get your child!" I laughed while I rolled my eyes at her. She stood up and reached out both hands to me. As I grabbed her hands, she pulled me up and took me out to the car.
She climbed into the passenger seat as I sat down. "I'm so excited, I'm going to be an aunt!", she said almost yelling. I laughed at her excitement and started the car.

~small time skip~

We made it to the bakery and as soon as I parked, Scarlett jumped out to the car. I climbed out following her to the door of the bakery. She reached her hand out to open the door but I grabbed her wrist and pulled it back. She quickly turned her head to me and looked at me confused.
"I don't know if I can do this Scar. What if I will be a bad mom?! What if I can't protect her or we get in a fight and then she hates me!?", I said while tears form in my eyes. She sighed sadly and pulled me into a comforting hug. I leaned into her body and wrapped my arms around her to hug her back. After a little bit, she pulled away and held my head in her hands, wiping away my tears with her thumbs.
"Lizzie, I've seen how good you are with kids. You're going to be a great mom! There's no doubt about that in my mind." I smiled up at her and and took a deep breath before walking over to the door. I placed my hand on the door knob and I felt Scarlett walk up behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder.
I opened the door and heard the bell ring above us. I saw Dylan at the counter writing an order down for a man standing in front of him. I took Scarlett's hand and I led her to a table. We sat and talked for a bit until the man left so it was only Dylan, Scarlett, and I in the bakery.
I heard footsteps getting closer to us, so I looked up to find Dylan standing at the table. He stared at Scarlett looking shocked. We both giggled as he snapped out of his trance. "What can I get you two?" We look at each other and I stood up in front of Dylan.
"Well, I was actually hoping to talk about Y/N." He looked at me confused and he asked, "What about her?" "She told me that she's an orphan and I was hoping to foster her..." A smile quickly appeared on his face. "Yes, of course! There's just some paperwork to go over and then you can foster her." He quickly walked over to the phone and started typing a number in. I turned to Scarlett smiling from ear to ear and I saw she was as well.
I sat back down and Scarlett and I both started planning days to go shopping with her for her bedroom, clothes, and anything else she might want or need. I heard someone coming up the stairs so I assumed it was Y/N, but I saw a dog jump up from the last step. The small dog ran over to Scarlett and I with its tongue hanging out of its mouth.
I sat down on the floor to play with with the dog. After a few minutes, Dylan came back and smiled when he saw the dog and I playing. "My father is bringing the paperwork over here. He will be here in a few minutes. I'm going to get Y/N to come up here." Scarlett and I both nodded at him and he walked downstairs. The dog got up and followed Dylan downstairs so I stood back up and sat down in the chair.
"Omg Lizzie! You're going to foster her!!", she said, practically jumping in her seat. "I know! I'm so excited, but scared, but mostly excited!" She looked at me and tilted her head a little bit. "Don't be scared, everything will be fine." I smiled at her and we continued talking about Y/N.

Y/N'S POV-

I was laying on my bed reading a book when Dylan ran into my room. He came in so fast he almost fell over. "Geez, are you good?", I said while laughing at him. "Y/N, you're getting fostered!!", He said while pulling me off my bed. "WHAT!? NO WAY!", I said practically screaming.
"Yes! Do you want to go see her?" I thought for a second. Just a woman? "Her?" "Yeah, and you have met her before!" "I have!?"
I started thinking about every woman I have ever met and eventually, my mind went to Elizabeth Olsen. There's no way she's the one fostering me.
"I'll get my stuff together and then go to see her!" Dylan nodded and quickly ran back upstairs. I started packing every I owned. It didn't take long since I only have a few belongings. I quickly tried to fix myself so this woman doesn't see me looking like I just came from a wrestling fight in the woods.
I threw my backpack over my shoulder and looked around my room one last time before leaving. I turned off the light and headed upstairs. As soon as I got to the main floor, I saw Dylan and his father talking with papers in his fathers hands.
I looked around and saw Lizzie and Scarlett sitting at a table and then it hit me. ELIZABETH OLSEN IS FOSTERING ME! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
I slowly walked over to them with the biggest smile on my face and Lizzie noticed me. She quickly stood up and ran to me, pulling me into a hug. "Hi sweetie!" I didn't say anything back but I hugged Lizzie. She pulled apart and Scarlett came over hugging me.
Dylans dad called Lizzie over and she quickly walked towards them leaving Scarlett and I. I looked up at Scarlett and she smiled at me. "Is Lizzie actually fostering me?", I asked. She giggled a little and brushed my hair out of my face. "Yeah, she's actually fostering you!" I smiled at her and hugged her. While hugging her, I felt a few tears fall from my eyes and I guess Scarlett felt a tear land on her shirt, cause she pulled back and looked at me worried. "Are you alright, hunny?" I smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. It's just, no has wanted to foster me, until now.", I said as more tears fall.
She bent down a little to get on my level and she softly wiped my tears away. She pulled me into another hug and started rubbing my back as we hugged.

~small time skip~

Scarlett and I are talking while Lizzie and Dylans father sign the paperwork. I was in the middle of telling Scarlett about my friends when I remembered Zoe. "Omg, I have to get Zoe." I quickly stood up but then turned back to Scarlett. "Does Elizabeth like dogs?"
She smiled at me and looked over to Lizzie, then looked back to me. "Yeah, she loves dogs and she was playing with a dog, who I'm guessing is Zoe, earlier while Dylan was calling his dad." "Perfect! I'll be right back." I ran down stairs to find Zoe laying on my bed. I smiled at Zoe and walked over to her. I carefully picked her up and walked back upstairs.
When I got back up, I saw Lizzie and Scarlett standing at the door talking. I set Zoe down and she immediately ran to Lizzie. I walked up to Dylan and his father hugging them both. "Thank you for taking care of me." His father smiled and hugged me again before saying goodbye and walking out to get back to orphanage.
Dylan pulled me into a hug. He rested his head on mine and then kissed my head before pulling away. "I'll see you around, squirt.", he said while ruffling my hair. "See you, Dylan.", I said playfully pushing his shoulder. I walked over to Lizzie and Scarlett and waved goodbye to Dylan. I picked Zoe up and we all walked out of the bakery.

~Authors note~

I kinda got carried away while writing this, so it's a bit longer than the other chapters.

Do you guys want me to write longer chapters or keep them around the same length they have been?

Anyways, have a good day!

Also sorry if there's any typos, I don't have energy to proofread right now.