Chapter 9: When Did You Get Out?

Start from the beginning

T- Raji hello are you okay I've been worried sick about you how's cel?
TJ- Were okay but can you come get us I drugged Devon and left.
T- Ok just send me the address and I'll be on my way
TJ- Ok

(Hangs Up)

End Of Flashback

Taraji POV

As I thought about all those times I wiped a stray tear from my eyes this was the part of her life I wanted to keep buried no one else knows about this except for my family and Terrence I didn't tell Skye because I didn't want her to have to think about something happening to me like that I mean she cried for 5 minutes straight when I sprained my ankle one time. I pulled up to the hall and walked inside to see Terry and marcel decorating and talking I walked up to them "Are y'all almost finished?" I asked they nodded "Yeah we just have to hang the happy birthday sign up." Terry answered then he kissed me it did get deep but we remember Cel was there we looked at him and laughed he face was all scrunched up "Ew I've got to get used to that." He said Terry chuckled "So ma what did you need to tell us?" Marcel asked "Devon is out and he's here in LA." I said Cel looked at me "What? How did you find this out?" He asked me "Mom told me that when they were at the mall she saw him." I told them they just stood there "How can he just pop up in LA after just getting out of prison?" Cel asked him I shrugged "I was thinking the same thing but I don't want us to overreact let's just keep cool I don't want this ruining Skye birthday." I said they nodded we put the sign up locked up and left to go home.

Once we got home we waited a few hours for everyone else to get back and then they finally did. They walked in and put the bags by the door I walked up to them and looked at the number of shoe boxes and saw five boxes I looked at Skye with my arms folded she looked at me and smiled "Hey mommy I missed you." She said hugging I scoffed "Mhmm." She let go of me and looked at me "Can I keep them mommy Please?" She said smiling I looked at her then huffed "Fine go take your bags upstairs "Ok." She said thanking me with a kiss on the cheek I smiled and she went upstairs "Ma you said- Aye that wasn't even on me it was Tracie." My mom said I looked at Tracie she shrugged "What I mean how can you say no to that face." She said we laughed we all do the same thing once everyone got settled in we went into the kitchen "Cel can you go make sure your sister stays in her room?" I asked him he nodded and went upstairs as we began talking about the party. My mom can't hold me water  she told Tracie that Devon was here I just hope that he doesn't find out where we are.

The Next Day
7:00pm
Since the party was almost over everyone was gone it was just the family left and we were just waiting on Skye to open her presents up she got a big one from Tracie  she hugged Tracie "Thanks auntie." She asked Tracie smiled "You're welcome open it up sweetie." Tracie said Skye nodded and opened it and it was a body mirror with a note on it "Read it out-loud bean." Terry said she nodded "It says Look in your reflection." She said she looked in the mirror a saw nova behind her she turned and hugged her so tightly they both were crying "I thought you weren't coming." Skye said letting go "I've been here I just didn't wanna ruin the surprise." Nova said then laughing at Skye's face "That's not funny big head." She said backing away from her nova sigh "I know I'm sorry 'Kay." She said Skye huffed "Fine you want some cake?" She asked nova nodded they walked to the table to get her a piece of cake and sat down at the birthday girls table while we were talking to them Skye looked at nova smirking then looked at Tracie and she nodded Skye smiled and turned back towards nova and just as she was about to start eating her piece of cake Skye grabbed the plate and pushed it on novas face nova looked up calmly "Really Skye." She said Skye nodded "Yea you got me with the whole I'm not coming thing so there now we can call it truce." Skye said sticking out her hand nova shook it but grabbed some frosting and put it on Skye's cheek "Oh wow." Skye said we laughed "We don't y'all go get cleaned up you have more presents to open bean." Terrence said they nodded and went to the bathroom while they were gone Devon showed up and I knew that son of a bitch would which is why I buffed security today he looked around slowly and walked up to me Terrence stood behind me and put his arm around my waist marcel was standing right next to us "Hey y'all I just wanna say that since I've been in jail for god knows how long that um I've changed and I'm here to tell each and everyone of you that I wronged or harmed. Im sorry." He confessed Terrence chuckled "We all know that's a lie." Terry said Devon looked him up and down "And who are you?" He asked Terrence smirked "I'm Taraji's— Mo that's alright baby I'll tell. This Devon is my boyfriend Terrence.." I said he scoffed and nodded "What the hell are you doing here?" Marcel asked "Hey son my you've grown up." He said trying to change the subject "I'm not your son now why are you here and how did you know were we were?" He asked "Well as you guys no I have my connections and I'm here to make amends." He said "Man whatever you need to get the hell out of here do I need to call security?" I asked "No no I'm just here to tell the birthday girl happy birthday where is she?" He asked looking around and just then Skye and nova walked out of the bathroom damn it "Excuse me are you Skye?" He asked her she looked around "Um yeah." She said Devon shuck his hand out she shook it "Hi I'm Devon I'm an old friend of your moms. Happy birthday." He said he then walked out "Uh somebody wanna tell me what that was?" She asked Cel nodded and whispered to me that he'll tell her before walking out with to talk somewhere private I sighed and sat down Terrence joined me "It'll be okay Penda Skye will understand." He reassured me I nodded and hoped for the best.

3rd Person POV

Marcel had finally finished telling her the story and Skye just sat there "How come she didn't me Cel we tell each other everything." She said crying Cel nodded and rubbed his little sister back "I know it's ally but mom didn't want you to worry so please don't be mad at her that would crush her. And fuck him he won't do shit can we just go enjoy the party?" Cel asked Skye nodded "I love you Cel." "I love you too, kiddo.". They walked out and as soon as they did Skye hugged Taraji "I'm not mad at you mommy." She said Taraji sighed in relief and hugged her daughter back Skye then went to finishing opening her presents her last gift was the special one from Terrence and Taraji she opened up the envelope it was three tickets for a week long trip in bora bora she looked at her parents smiling "Y'all for real." She said they nodded "We are so proud of you bean you deserve it." Terrence said she smiled and hugged them "I love y'all so much thank you." She said "Your welcome we love you more baby." Taraji said "You can choose two people to go with you but we have to already know them." Terrence said "Ok I choose Cel and nova." She said "Bet mom can I go?" Nova asked Tracie she nodded they cheered "Why don't y'all go ahead home and pack y'all got to be up early tomorrow. Jonas can you drop them off at home?" Taraji asked Jonas nodded and Skye, Nova, and Cel left. We started cleaning up.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
(A/N Nova And Devon Are Added To The List)
What Y'all Think?? Comment And Vote. Love Y'all

Love, Dae Dae