chapter twenty-nine

Zacznij od początku

Sunghoon sighed and rubbed his forehead, resting an elbow on the table. "I don't know, to be honest. I don't know when I started liking Jake, or if I started slowly liking him from the beginning but was too blinded by my love for Hana even to notice," he rambled on, trying to explain his thoughts in a somewhat calm manner. "But I realised after the double date I went on—the one with Yuna?" he said in a hushed tone of voice, saying that last part more as a question to himself. 

"And afterwards, I guess. . . I don't know. I was walking back to my car with him, and he gave me some flowers that were meant for Hana, and that was my favourite kind. And then I had a dream about him, and I couldn't sleep for like two days straight."

"So that's why you didn't get a wink of sleep that week? You were hung up over your feelings for some boy?" Sunoo hissed as he placed two hands on the table, leaning across the table as he looked at Sunghoon incredulously. Sunghoon only chuckled nervously, leaning back into his seat, slightly scared. 

"Have you never listened to any of my life lessons? You don't neglect your own mental and physical health and wellbeing for anyone, especially men!" Sunoo groaned, collapsing into Niki. Niki slightly froze at the sudden contact but embraced it just as much a second later, wrapping an arm around the latter. 

"And what happened in that dream, Sunghoon?" Sunghoon turned to see Daniel looking at him with a cheeky look, waggling his eyebrows. Sunghoon only let out a groan as he swatted at Daniel's face, which caused him to giggle as Sunghoon could only drown in his defeat, his face turning as red as a beetroot. 

"As I was saying before, I was rudely interrupted." Sunghoon cleared his throat as he jokingly motioned towards his friends, crossing his arms over his chest. They all glanced away for a moment, Niki even pretending to whistle. 

"Then there was the Halloween party, and I don't even know what the fuck happened there—"

"Oh yeah, I did not see you once that whole party—"

"And then I somehow ended up kissing Hana."

"Okay, what the hell." Niki shot up and straightened his posture, grabbing his head as he frowned. "This keeps on getting weirder and weirder; what the actual fuck." 

"I know, right! I mean, I think I was also drunk?"

"Park Sunghoon!" Sunoo exclaimed, jaw-dropping as he stood up in his chair, slamming his hands down onto the table. "I swear on my life, I leave you for like two seconds, and I end up losing you, you get drunk, end up kissing some girl and then tell me you like your so-called mortal enemy!?" Sunoo had a fire in his eyes ablaze as Sunghoon shrunk down in his seat, an emotionless smile on his face. 

"I'm just as shocked as you are. So much has happened in the past week, and I don't know what the fuck to think anymore. I'm not okay, haha." Sunghoon said as he closed his eyes and relaxed his body, slumping onto the seat. He felt Daniel give him a few pity pats on the arm. 

"Okay, so you said you like Jake, right? Does that mean you're over, Hana?" Daniel asked as Sunghoon perked up, responding by nodding his head. 

"Okay! I mean, that's one of your problems gone. That was the goal, wasn't it?" Daniel clasped his hands together happily, hearing a dry chuckle on the other side of the table. 

"That problem may be gone, but it sure doesn't take care of Sunghoon's jealousy problem. He's gotten over Hana, but that means when Hana and Jake act all lovey-dovey together, he's going to be jealous over Hana instead!" Niki exclaimed, which caused Sunghoon to groan and shake his head. 

"Don't remind me. . . ." he pouted, perking up from his seat again when he felt somebody gently patting his head. 

"Cheer up, Sunghoon. Don't look so sad," Sunoo from beside Niki reassured the elder with a broad smile, which caused Sunghoon to feel a little bit lighter.