Chapter 1

Hello! I've been addicted to Danmei lately and came across this novel with an interstellar setting. A quick reminder: I'm not Chinese and I have no knowledge of the Chinese language. My work is MTLed, but I'm doing my very best to make this readable and coherent. If you spot any mistakes, please let me know!

xxxxx

He Xile was in a daze when he heard a loud noise.

"All students, please line up in an orderly manner. Do not form a crowd."

"Now, what is displayed in front of us is a very precious and well-preserved human body from the blue planet [1], and it is also the only human sample so far."

"This human named Lanlan is a male. Some experts say that he should've been underage when he lost consciousness and his body was frozen. Ten years ago, he was accidentally discovered by old star scavengers and was sold to star bandits. During this period of time, he was transferred around a lot from multiple places to another. Fortunately, everyone realized that he was precious and didn't do anything to cause damage to his body. In the end, Lanlan was bought by His Majesty in the black market at an anonymous high price. His Majesty then donated him to the Imperial Center Museum for exhibition."

"Come, everyone. It can be clearly seen that this human is different from us. He has beautiful eyebrows and delicate skin, no secondary features on his body, and his height is only two-thirds of ours—hey, Hank, don't poke the display cabinet with your paws. Don't you know how heavy your paws are!"

"Wow, he looks so good."

"I don't know how this human feels..."

There were voices talking in all directions, but He Xile couldn't understand a word. Those words were transmitted to his brain but couldn't be properly analyzed and translated. He could only hear strange and vague noises.

The dull sound of "dong dong dong" was as if the earth was shaking, but soon it stopped abruptly with a sharp sound that could break through the air.

In front of the showcase.

The student who was called Hank, snorted in disapproval. He is nearly three meters tall and has a relatively sturdy body, but on top of his head are two small ears that are rolled up like those of a hippo [2] which makes him look strangely cute.

He waved his arm slowly: "Teacher, isn't the display cabinet made of the newly developed synthetic alpha metal? My movement will definitely not cause it to break."

The teacher looked helpless: "Then please just pay more attention..."

On the side, a tall and thin man with a slender neck snorted, obviously not happy dealing with Hank. He crossed his arms and said, "Some creatures are genetically sensitive to noises. It's unchangeable. Aren't you afraid that this human being will wake up because of the ruckus that you've made and come up to eat you? I've read books about it, humans from the blue planet dare to eat anything."

Hank said disdainfully, "He's been sleeping for hundreds of thousands of years, can he still wake up? Your childlike trick doesn't work on me. How about you come here next to me and test how hard I bite?"

...it's noisy.

The surroundings are too noisy.