T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

Zac could see his youngest brothers struggle; the way he'd firmly scrunched his eyes closed, his trembling hands, the uneven rise of his chest— all telling him Leo was on the verge of another attack. He glanced around at his other brothers, their facial expressions— multiple azure eyes filled with worry, telling him they could also see his battle.

He crouched down, his black dress pant knees coming into contact with the cold grey floor, as he looked hooked his pointer finger under Leo's chin, forcing the latter to met his azure gaze. "Did you take your medicine tesoro?"

Leo's eyes widened a fraction at his brothers question. The movement caught by all of them, telling them he had not— unbeknown to Leo as he began to lie. "Yeah"

His brothers all shared a look with one another before Zac let out a long sigh. "Don't lie to me Le, you need the medicine."

Leo narrowed his eyes at Zac, the look so empty and cold sending a shiver down each of his brothers spines— minus the eldest two.

"I'm not fucking lying, I know I need it— I told you I took it." All Leo wanted to do was shout at Zac about how much he didn't need the medication. He wanted to tell him how it made him feel numb, it made him feel dead.

"How could you have taken it when I've got the prescription bambino?" Grey's voice soft as he looked at his younger brother with a sympathetic gaze.

Leo scoffed but made no move to speak, instead he focused his gaze to his converse covered feet.

Grey placed two pills in his hand as he hesitantly moved his arm towards Leo.
"Take them"

Leo never acknowledged his order brother, he still stared at his shoes. He could feel the trembles in his hands becoming worse, causing him to once again tighten them into firsts— feeling the familiar scars as his once white nails began to tinge a light shade of red.

Ace grabbed his younger brothers face, he was angry. He couldn't understand why Leo wouldn't take the medication, instead of trying to speak to him he chose another option— the wrong option. He grabbed the pills from Grey's outstretched hand and forcefully tried putting them in his brothers mouth.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME" Leo screamed as he pushed himself to his feet, his brothers suddenly startled at his outburst of emotion. But his vocal plead didn't deter Ace from trying to force the medication onto him.

"JUST TAKE THE FUCKING MEDICINE LEO, DON'T YOU THINK WE'VE GOT ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH, YOU'RE BEING SO SELFISH— GROW UP." He screamed at Leo, not realising the weight of his words. He didn't mean what he said, his worry and anger caused him to lash out before thinking.

"ACE THATS ENOUGH— get the fuck away from him." Carter was angry. He seen the way Leo's eyes dulled further than he thought possible at Ace's words, as did the rest of his brothers. They all knew Ace was a hothead but he was out of order, he was making Leo feel like a burden— he was anything but that.

"No, it's not enough." Ace voiced.

"Ace" Callan warned, his tone cold as ice— which the latter ignored.

"Stop being difficult Leo! What's so fucking hard about taking the pills, you're such an—"

Ace didn't get the chance to finish his sentence as Leo's fist made contact with his jaw, causing him to fall to the floor at the force of the impact. Leo didn't stop as he straddled his older brother, attempting to hit him again as his words burned fresh in his mind. Anger was washing over him, anger that he couldn't control.