chapter 5

(same outfit as the last chapter)

Estrella pov

"I'm 17 years old and my son is 2 years old with a good sense of fashion" I replied. "wait really?" replied the mysterious guy I have yet to get the name of. "yeah, I am".  "I thought you were older than 17 because you have a kid" replied Riley with a confused face. while use kids were talking the Eric guy was talking about his experience that just happened earlier that day. "hey Zay I have to head home because Sirius is getting cranky" I said while putting Sirius in the stroller. "oh okay be safe and I love you" Zay said while giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll try and text me when you need me" I replied while walking out and waving at everyone else.

Zay's pov (you must have thought it would only be Estrellas pov huh)

"you why are you looking at my sister like that?" I asked Riley's uncle. "i-i uh I mean um what?" he replied with like seriously that's all you came up with. "Well, that's why I'm here. I want Riley and her friends to run my campaign," said Eric and now I see where she gets her weirdness from. "I mean, tell me you're not on his side now," asked Mr, Matthews. "Not. Yet" he replied. "Eric, they're kids. Do you really think this is a good idea?" Mr. Matthews said and I zone out the rest. until they talked about different ways to do this campaign. Then I text Estrella about the idea and how she might have to come to the school tomorrow and she replied that we'll talk more at home about this, and everything else.

********next day********

(the new outfits)

Estrella pov

"Tonight's senatorial debate takes place at John Quincy Adams middle school. This is the idea of the four eighth-graders who are the brains behind Eric Matthews, mayor of St. Upidtown" Mr. Matthews says. They say the children are our future let's hope so. "First question to senator Graham. Please identify yourself" Mr. Matthews says. "Thank you. Harley Keiner, head custodian. I'm proud of my school and the environment I help create for my kids" Harley says. "My question is, what are you gonna do for the little guy?" he then asks."I have never believed there are little guys. I've always believed that all voters are equal in stature," the guy says. "I already don't believe you. What about non-voters?" Lucas asked. "This election isn't about them. They'll have elections of their own soon enough" the guy says. "Lucas, you're not allowed to interrupt. The senator has one minute" Mr. Matthews says. "Thank you," the guy says and no I'm not paying attention to his name it's not important. "Time" Matthews says.

*****time skip*****

"so, this is your other uncle and your older brother," I ask Riley and the mysterious guy I still don't know the name of while feeding Sirius. "yup- yeah pretty much," they say at the same time. "and what's your name you never told me" I then say. " oh right it's Josh," he says while shaking my hand. Then we see Matthews and his wife with suitcases and running out of the apartment but saying that me and josh are in charge. like no, thank you I have a brother and a kid to take care of but ok. I tell them bye then Sirius, Zay, and I leave their apartment to our house and drift off into a good sleep.

a/n: sorry if this took a long time I've been stressed about school and tests so I'm sorry if it took a long time and if it's not that good. but anyways have a good night/day/afternoon bye.