The date

We sat and watched tv until it was time for bed, Vanessa offered for Tia to stay in her room since she gets scared of the dark and sleeps with mama and papa 90% of the time.

Tia maria went to sleep in Vanessas room, Vanessa, mama and papa went to their room and I went to mine, I closed the door and flopped on my bed, it took HOURS to fall asleep since I was so nervous about tomorrow, I decided to draw something to keep my mind off it but of course, I wound up subconsciously drawing Camilo, reminding me of my stress.

I slammed my sketch book on my desk and turned off the light, eventually, I fell asleep.

The next day

I woke up and went out to the living room to see Tia on the couch sipping on a cup of coffee.

"Buenos días Tia" I said.

"Good morning! How'd you sleep?" Tia asked.

"Uhh not so good, I kept stressing about today" I said.

"Awwwww" Tia said.

"Oh shut up" I said.

"Good morning Y/N, good morning Maria" Mama said.

"Morning mama! You going to crochet with Bruno again?" I asked.

"Nope! He's almost done with his project and well, I just dont feel like it today" Mama said.

"So what are you going to do today?" Tia asked.

"I dont know, maybe watch tv, take a nap, maybe make a new friend or something, maybe go on a date with hernando, whatever I feel like I guess" Mama said.

"Date?" Papa asked peaking his head out of the hallway.

"Why not? We havent gotten out in a while" Mama said.

"If thats your way of asking me out, then yes" Papa said.

Papa walked up and hugged her from behind and placed a kiss on her head.

"Get a room!" I said.

They both laughed and sat down on the couch.

"So where do you want to go?" Papa asked.

"Ooh! Ive been meaning to check out that restaurant next to the flower shop, wanna go there?" Mama asked.

My smile instantly faded and my eyes went wide.

"Sure, why not?" Papa said.

"Its a date!" Mama said.

"Tia maria?" I asked.
"Can I talk to you?.... outside?"

Tia maria followed me outside and we stood in front of the house, I was slightly pacing back and forth.

"Whats wrong? You look sick" Tia said.

"Thats where me and Camilo were gonna go tonight!" I said.

"Oh... well thats not good" She said.

"No shit" I replied.

"Hey! Dont speak to your aunt that way!" She said.

"Eh you dont care" I said.

"No, no I dont" Tia said.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked.

".... I will talk with your parents, for now just..... hey! You said you wanted to introduce me to all your friends! And maybe I can meet Camilo too" She said.

"Oh yeah! Lets go do that, but I have to warn you... the madrigals are.... special" I said.

"What do you mean special" She asked.