Becoming Part 2

TW: Slight Swearing

It was a Sunday afternoon, and me and Jim were pedaling to the dentist. We finally made it to the dentist, and set our bikes outside with our helmets on the handle bars. Jim opened the door and there played soothing music, and we headed for the door with Toby and his dentist inside. "Don't go in there, he's with a patient." Said the receptionist, but we didn't listen and entered anyway and we opened the door. We saw that the dentist was searching for something and holding Toby's mouth open with his free hand. "Tobes." We said. "Hey, guys." Toby said muffled. 

"Tobes! Tobes, Tobes, Tobes, Tobes! I have got to talk to you." Jim said as he walked over and I leaned against the wall. "Uh, I'm a little busy right now." He muffled.

"What?" Jim asked.

"He says 'He's a little busy right now.'." The dentist translated as he stuffed something in his mouth, several times.

"Oh, God. It hurts." He muffled. "Okay, remember those things that we found the other day? In the canals. The things with the gems and stuff? It works. It works like crazy." Jim asked and told. "Those 'things' are amulets, Jim." I corrected. "This can't wait, man?" Toby muffled asked. 

"What?" Jim asked.

"He says 'This can't wait, man?'." He said and drilled a tooth in his mouth and Toby screams in pain.

"We've already waited until morning!" Jim shouted and placed his hand on top of his head. "Yeah, and who the Fuck goes to the dentist two days in a row?!" I shouted as I got off the wall, walked towards the group and threw my arms in the air. "Ooooooooowwwww!" Toby screamed in pain as a tear fell from his face. "I want these braces of before I'm 30." He muffled.

"'I want to get these braces of before I'm 30'.'" He translated for the third time.

"What?" Jim asked as the dentist put something in Toby's mouth so then it can stay open.

"It's like my mouth is a city engineering project." He muffled.

"'It's like my mouth is a city engineering project.'.'" He translated as he pulled the lamp over Toby's head.

'How the fuck is this guy good at translating this shit? Was it from practice from previous appointments?' I thought and questioned to myself. "How much longer is this going to take?" Jim asked. The dentist stayed silent and pulled out and turned on the multi-drill and continued doing his job.

---

{8 hours later}

"Eight Hours! I can't believe it takes eight hours." Jim complained. I was leaning on the counter top. "Two molars, plus insertions, and some cleanup." Toby listed. "Okay, Tobes. You are never going to believe this." Jim said as he ran to his book bag. "My mouth still feels sore." Toby said as he went to the freezer and grabbed something from the inside. "Check this out." Jim said as he held the amulet arms length, while I walked over and pulled my amulet out of my pocket. Everything went silent to make suspense. "Do you have any aspirin?" Toby asked while holding a cold pizza box on his cheek, ruining the moment. "Tobes, pay attention." I said while Toby sniffed the box.

Jim took a deep breath. "For the glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to-" He said before he wa interrupted by the microwave dinging to tell that the timer is done. We saw that Toby pulled out a slice of pizza. As he was about to take a bite, he looked back at us. "Go on." He said. "It worked last night." Jim said while examining it. "Are you punking me right now?" Toby asked while trying to shut the microwave door multiple times. "Okay. Wait, wait, wait, wait." He told Tobes. Jim then closed his eyes and then the amulet started shaking in his hand. He then let go of the amulet and started floating up in the air while he transformed into his armor.