Ch.1-Storm

Just to make everything I write clear in this chapter:

Bottom trawls: cone shaped fishing nets that are pulled over the seafloor by a boat.
Groundfish: just all different types of fish that live on the ocean floor/close to the ocean floor. Stingrays for example are groundfish, but there's also normal looking fish that are called groundfish.
Crustaceans: crabs, lobsters, shrimp, ... almost all sea animals with hard shells.

Marco - On the Moby

The 4th division had asked if fishing was possible. The stocks weren't low enough to be a worry yet, but due to bad weather it would take around a week to two weeks longer before the boat would dock again, so getting some extra reserves while possible was never bad.

After having a brief meeting with navigation and Thatch, it was decided the best way to go about fishing would be with the bottom trawls. While not often used because of the sheer deepness the New World's oceans were, at the place they were in now, the ocean floor was high enough and the environment seemed to have good conditions to host ground fish and crustaceans.

Thus, Marco went around gathering the ones knowing most about how to use the bottom trawls, not just anyone could do it. It wasn't easy knowing when exactly you could haul them back up and how to throw them out safely so they didn't tangle. Having found a handful of experienced men, he ordered the 2nd division to get help out as manpower.

Once the first nets were thrown out, Marco knew the men could work further on their own and he went back to his room to do some paperwork. -Damn paperwork never seems the end. Every time he left his room, the next time he appeared it always seemed to have multiplied, and never had anyone brought him extra... yea right.....-
With a sigh he sat at his desk and started checking report after report. Don't get him wrong, Marco loves his position and fulfils his duties with the utmost concentration and love for his brothers. But still, the amount of paperwork, extra paperwork thanks to some pompadour's and pom pom's pranks, was sometimes insane even to Marco's liking. A man can complain every now and then, right?

----------

After hours of working on his paperwork, he was finally starting on his last stack, wasn't this a blessing... But of course, before he could put his pen down, he heard a commotion on deck and went to check.
Getting closer and closer to the outside he heard yelling, recognising someone from navigation and someone from their carpenters who was helping with the trawls.

"We need to haul them in!"

"No! It's too early, it won't be done and it will be a hassle, for nothing!"

"I don't care, it needs to get up here, NOW!"

"THEN WHY DO-"

"Wow, wow, wow, calm down, what's all the yelling about-yoi?"

"HE NEEDS T-" - "HE ISN'T LIS-"

"STOP! It's no use to keep yelling and will only slow things down, so how about we all talk at a normal volume now so I can understand and please, one at a time."

Falling silent both recruits look to Marco in shame.
Sighing Marco turned to the one from navigation "so, I heard you saying the trawls need to come up, why?"