Invitation

TW
Cursing
Inappropriate stuff
Cringe

Its been a few weeks since the incident.
Veronica and Jughead try to get along as much as possible. Maybe for themselves. Maybe for their partners. Or maybe for eachother. Hard to say really, but nonetheless, they get along. Being competitive at the most. Going to lengths as having a class discussion to bickering about a book they've read. It's been a few weeks and they've become each others closest friends while furthering away from their respective partners.

Veronica constantly arguing with Archie about Jughead, and Jughead constantly fighting with Betty about Veronica.
Archie and Betty. 

The perfect girl and boy next door. Perfect, though? No. Thats a stretch.

Hurting their partners, to be "find comfort" in each other. They cheat behind their partners back. And having the audacity of Archie accusing Veronica of cheating and Betty talking shit about her best friend. Her best friend. Gaslighting Jughead to having sex with her, each time trying to convince him he's the only one.

Veronica pov:
I am currently in the lounge reading a book, after arguing with Archie for the third time this week. He keeps bringing up the fact that I am spending more and more time with Jughead.
Isn't that what he and Betty wanted in the first place?
Betty is shoving me in the hallways. Why? I dont even know.

Jughead has been really kind and patient with my rambles about them and has come over to my house because of Betty hurting him, making him have fucking Sex with her.  and just to what? Always have him wrapped around her fucking finger. Who fucking does that? Honestly. Disgusting.
How could she do that to him.
                           •••
I receive a tap on my shoulder, breaking my thoughts. I look up to see Cheryl.
"May I help you, Cheryl?" I ask her not in the mood for her blossom bullshit.
She takes the seat next to me and turns towards my way.
"I'm hosting a party. And I want you to come." As if.
"Why me? Go ask someone who cares." As i say that, Jughead walks in, with eyebags under his eyes. He takes the other seat next to me and places his head near my shoulder on the couch. I turn to him in concern.
"Are you ok, Torombolo?" I ask him.
"I'm fine. Oh hi Cheryl." He says to me, then looking at Cheryl who has a guilty expression on her face.
"You should come too, Jones. Let loose for a night." She says to him.
"Ok." He says, with ease.
"You're going?!" I exclaim. Jughead is definitely not a party person so why would he go?

I feel a thud on my shoulder and see Jughead has fallen asleep. I turn to Cheryl.

"I'll go. Only because Jugheads going. I have to take care of him."

"Great! It's tomorrow night at 8-12. Please bring pajamas because I know you'll fall asleep there. And tell Jones that too. Alright, bye now!" She says, and walks off.

What have I gotten myself into...

Finally the climax of the story is coming true!!