Chapter One

I stood up as I watched my friends play basketball at the court. I awaited my turn as my friends threw the basketball through the hoop. My friend Harry pointed to me and said, it's your turn bro. I looked at him and replied are you coming bro. I played for a few hours then left the court to return home. My father was grilling steak as my mother was cooking the rest of the meal which included mashed potatoes and broccoli. My sister was talking to her boyfriend about things about her life also about a party she is having at her house this Friday. My younger brother Justin was paying video games with his friends online. My mother stated he has been playing video games all day. I looked at them and smiled as of everything is ok. Two days from now I will be a manger of Walmart . I sat down at the table as my mother was setting the table for our guests. My mother invited my wife and her family. We heard a knock a the door. My wife and her family walked in with a few plates they made themselves. My mother called for our rest of the family to attend the feast. My brother got up from playing videogames and attended the feast. My sister said sg had to go it was time to eat. She attended the feast. My dad finally got done grilling steak for everyone and sat them on the table. We all holded hands and prayed. After praying we ate. Then it was 9:30 and we were still chatting and laughing having a great time. We heard a knock on the door. My started to go to the door when he had a bad feeling about who is at the front door. She started to walk back when a gun went off and shot my mother. My father, brother, sister, wife, and her family started to go to back door and head to the neighbor's house. I went to my mother and tried to pick her up when suddenly, I was shot in the chest twice. I got out my phone dialing 911 when I started to not breathe. The answered and said 911 what's your emergency. I tried to reply, I said I...need...help... the 911 operator said what's your emergency. I replied, I...been...shot.... help...me...please. The 911 operator said help is on the way. Then I passed out unconscious.

5 hours earlier....

I was in the hospital with tubes coming out, in, and around me. I was unconscious. My father walked in and laid his hand on my mine and said, son, I'm sorry I had this happen to you. He took his hand off mine and walked out. My sister walked in along with my brother and cried. They sat in the chairs next to my bed and starred at me as if a miracle was going to happen. My mother was alive and was talking to her husband In the room few doors down. The doctors came in my mom room and said everything is ok. She is okay to go home. They said there not leaving until I wake up. Then I had a flashback to the day I met my wife the day me and her became part as one. The flashback came and I pictured me sitting my desk awaiting my test results. I was sitting in my desk staring at the board. The teacher came by and came me my test. I looked at my teacher and said, why did I get a C+ on my test. She looked at me and replied maybe you need to study harder. I got mad and said I did study harder. She slammed another test and said no, Mr. hunter, you didn't. I got mad and stormed out of the classroom and into the bathroom. I stared at the mirror when two boys came in., they looked at me and what the hell are you staring at. I gave them a dirty look. One of them said to me, I'm sorry henry but you are not going to get a girl looking like that. I punched him and whole fight broke out in the bathroom. I punched him and he started to bleed out. Then we heard the principal over the intercom say prom will be March 5th. He also said that the results came back for who will the president of the school. The results came down to two finals. Troy Hardeman and henry hunter. I said that's me. I'm henry hunter. Then the guy punched me again. I started to bleed. Then I escaped the fight and went back to the classroom. As I walked in the teacher said, what happened? I said this guy came in the bathroom and punched me. The teacher said I'm sending you to the school nurse. You need to get checked out. I said thanks. I arrived at the office, and I saw a girl sitting by herself waiting for the principal. I went over and said to her, hey, the names henry hunter. What's yours? She looked at me and smiled then said my name is Sarah Sanchez. We shook hands and I said, what class are you in? she said I'm not sure. What about? I replied I'm in Mrs. lively class. Then the principal came out and said Ms. Sanchez you will going to Mrs. Lively history class. The principal turned to me and said Mr. Hunter, will you show Ms. Sanchez to her class. i answered yes sir I will. We left the front office and went class. she looked at me and said your bleeding. I said I am. She said let me clean it or you. She put ripped a part of her shirt and wiped the blood off my head.Then we went went inside the class.