Chapter 33

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎'I love you▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*Camilo's POV*

She coughed and coughed, until she finally caught her breath once again. Her breathing was jagged and erratic. I held ber body close to mine. My right hand on her lower back and my left hand around her shoulder to support her. I stared down at her. As if she felt my stare she slowly lifter her head, her gaze meeting mine. A tired smile came across her face.

'H-hola mi P-príncipe....' she mumbled.

My eyes started to fill with tears again. At least these were happy ones. I felt them flow down my face. Down my face. Falling onto my ruined ruana. Falling down onto María who I held to my body. She sat in my lap, her head on my chest while looking up at me. A smile broke out across my face. I pulled her even closer to my body. Wrapping her in a tight hug. I let even more tears fall from my eyes.

'Don't ever leave me again..' I whispered into her hair.

'Nunca (never)'  she whispered back.

I kissed her lips tenderly, kissing her like it was the last time I would ever kiss her again, like she was leaving me again. No I won't let her next time. We pull away just to catch our breath. I lean my forehead on hers. I smile as I look down into her eyes. A soft cough broke us out of our day-dream. I turn around and María looks over my shoulder. We were greeted by my family's sobbing faces. I hear María chuckle slightly. She tried to stand up on her own but I wouldn't let her. I stood up with her in arms and then set her weak body to the ground. I held her body close to mine still. My arm around her waist and the other hand grabbed onto her lower arm to help guide her. She took gentle steps. Everyone ran to greet us again. Mirabel first.

'I'm so sorry María! It's all my fault! If I was just more observant it wouldn't have happened! I'm so sorry!' Mirabel said through tears. She held María's hands in hers. I look down at María again and she had soft smile on her face.

'Its not your fault at all Mira, your still my best friend through thick and thin' she says calmly. Mirabel went into another round of hysterics. Mirabel pulled María close. They stood like that for a bit until they both pulled away. María placing her forehead on Mirabel's.

I smile at the scene. After that the while familia came to make sure she was okay and if she needed anything and tell her they were so sorry. Mamí and Papí checking up on their "future-daughter-in-law", Julieta and Agustín made sure she told them if they needed anything at all, Antonio gave her a gigantic hug saying that he was so scared that she broke her promise, Dolores, Isabela, Luisa and Mirabel gave her tons and tons of hugs of comfort. When Abuela came to her she just took a step back. I put myself in front of her, I saw the hurt in Abuela's eyes but she nodded none the less. She ended up in my arms again. I wrapped both arms around her waist and buried my face in her neck. I felt the tears brim my eyes again as I recall the event.

'I-i thought I lost you' I muttered. I pulled my face out of her neck to look at her. She had tears in the corner of her eyes too. 'I-i thought I lost my girlfriend, my l-love, my future wife, my world, my everything, the worst part was I couldn't save you, a-all I could do was watch and it k-killed me inside, i-i can't lose you again María....I can't.....i-i....I love you...' I looked deep into her eyes. There was a mix of emotions. Pain, happiness, hurt, joy....love....

'Oh Camilo....I love you too.....so much mi amor' she says. She raise an arm to wrap around my neck. 'And I swear you will never loose me again...' she assures. I smile down at her before swooping down to collide my lips with hers. Happy tears fell from our eyes.

'MARÍA!' A loud shout came from the distance. We broke away from our delectable kiss to look in the direction. A green figure came into view. I saw the smile that came to María's face. I raise a brow. Who is he? 'María! Are you okay!!'

María nodded. The man came closer to her and checked her over once again. I felt a burning sensation in the pit of my stomach. I lowly growled at him but no one noticed. 'I'm okay Bruno, are you?'

My eyes widened at his name. I look up at the man. He scratched the back of his neck. 'S-sí! I am, h-hola Camilo'

Without another word I wrapped him in a hug. He reluctantly hugged back. 'Glad your back Tío' I smile at him when we pull away. He is then grabbed by Mamí and Tía and they join together in a giant triplet hug with Tío Agustín joining in too. I turn back to a giggling María. I grab ber hand and lace our fingers together. She looks up at me once again. I beam and so does she. We close our eyes and lean our forehead ps together again.

'I love you'