Chapter 17

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎María Sánchez~▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*Camilo's POV*

We all hurried into Antonio's room. Crowding in as he ran in, infront of us all ready to see what it would turn into. We all gasped as a large tree with a waterfall and bushes and animals started to appear. Antonio gasped in joy, but before he could do anything a large jaguar ran into his room and picked him up and ran around tye room with Antonio on its back. He landed back infront of us all unharmed. Mama kissed all over his face and Papa patted his back in joy. Dolores and myself stood behind them cheering for Antonio.

My eyes scanned the crowd until I spotted just the person I was looking for....María...

My eyes landed on her and I took her in. She wore a purple skirt with black embroidery around the ends, she had her usual white shirt tucked into the skirt but it seemed different, the sleeves puffed out a bit more and it had a frill around the front, she wore black shoes. He black hair bounced as she jumped for joy, her smile getting wider and wider her different coloured eyes sparkling in the light. She wrapped her arms around Antonio when he ran over to her showing off. Her laugh music to my ears.

Dolores elbowed me. I shook myself out of my thoughts and look at her. She started to giggle and move over to where the familia were taking a photo. I moved in front ready to pose for the photo.

'Esperar!! (Wait!!)' María shrieked. Everyone turned to her. She blushed bright red out of embarrassment. She then grabbed Mirabel's arm dragging her over to us. She placed her next to me and infront of her parents. I smiled at her kind heart. 'There!' She says and starts to walk off.

I grab her wrist and pull her against me. Her hands land on my chest and my hands land on her waist. I look down at her tiny frame that fit in my grasp perfectly and she looked up at me into my brown eyes. The flash of the camera making us tear our gazes away from each other and to look at the camera man. He had a wide smile on his face and so did everyone else. I felt the tips of my ears get hot.

'I-ehm nice c-catch' she mutters and removes her hands from my chest. I frown at the loss of contact. 'I-i should go help Julieta with the f-food' she quickly scurries away from me, her dress flowing at her quick movements. I sighed.

'You should tell her you like her' Mirabel says from behind me. I shrieked and turned around to see Isabela, Mirabel and my sister.

'I-eh I don't l-like her....' I curse at myself for stuttering.

'No you don't.....' Isabela says. I look over at her. 'You love her~' she coos and they all giggle. I groan and hide my flushed face. They laugh and laugh.

'I'm going to help Tia Julieta with the food' I mumble and walk away from the. They laughed harder and started to call me back but I just ignored them and kept walking. I grabbed a tray of food and started to walk around giving it to people here and there and starting a conversation with everyone who passed me.

The music was turned up catching everyone's attention. Everyone scurried over to the dance floor. I stayed behind the crowd not bothered to see who it was that was until I heard a familiar laugh. I walk over and peek through the gaps the towns folk left open. I widened my eyes at the sight. María was twirling on her toes, she moved from one side of the dance floor to the other gracefully. I placed the tray down on one of the tables near by before swimming through the crowd to get to the front. When I did I saw she had her skirt in one hand and the other was raised above her head. She had the brightest smile on her face. I was so enhanced by her beauty I didn't realise someone stood next to me.

'You fancy her'

I squeaked and looked next to me to see Señor Moreno. Señor Moreno was a plump man, he was quite old, he had a walking stick and he could barely stand straight, he had a head full of white hair and a white mustache. I smiled at him. 'Hola Señor Moreno' I greet.

'Hola Camilo.....answer the question' He says. I chuckle nervously and scratch the back of my neck as I look back to María, she turned and twisted her hands moving like she was telling a story. I let my eyes trail her body for a moment before raising my eyes to her face that over shined every girl in the village. I hear Señor Moreno chuckle beside me but I don't turn to look at him I just keep staring at María.

💛

He was 15 years old~
When he met the women he would call his own~
He'll have 22 grand kids ~
In the house that your brother bought ya~

I look at Señor Moreno as he sings. He catches everyone's attention, even María's but she now dances to the song the old man sang. He then lightly pushed me onto the dance floor with María. María smiles with joy. She takes my hand in hers and we continue to dance to the song.

On the summers day when he proposed~
He made the wedding ring of red rose gold~
And he ask her father but her daddy said no~
You can't marry my daughter~

María and I daced around the entire dance floor. I grabbed onto her waist as I lifted her up. She rested her hands on my shoulders and looked down at me with a slight flush on her cheeks.

She and he went on the run~
Don't care bout religion~
He's gonna marry the woman he loves~
Down by the mountains border~
She was María Sánchez~
He was Camilo Madrigal~
She took his name and then they were one~
Down by the mountains border~

Both María and I's faces were red as a tomato. But that didn't stop us from dancing our hearts out and enjoying embracing each other.

Well, he met her at Casita on the floor below~
And she was working for them a-a-all~
Never had he seen such beauty before~
The moment that he saw her~
María is his yellow rose~
And they'll get married wearing borrowed clothes~
They'll have 8 children growing old~
Five sons and three daughters~

She and he went on the run~
Don't care bout religion~
He's gonna marry the women he loves~
Down by the mountains border~
She is María Sánchez~
He is Camilo Madrigal~
She took his name and they were one~
Down by the mountains border~

-Ed Sheeran (Nancy Mulligan)
💛

I placed her back down to the floor when Señor Moreno stopped singing. We were panting in each others faces as I looked down at her and she looked up at me. We had wide grins on our faces. The towns folk started to clap and cheer for our performance, yet I never teared my gaze from María's. I leaned down further and she leaned up almost on her tippy toes. I chuckled lightly my breath fanning her face. I leaned down even further. We closed our eyes just waiting for our lips to connect. But....

'Casita is cracking!!'

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I love this chapter so much mainly because of the way I did the song! But anyway hope ye enjoy too! Sorry I'm late posting tonight btw