Chapter 1

It was a sunny morning in a little city near L.A. at the United States; it was the first Sunday of my summer holidays. I had been searching for the opportunity of studying in another country for a year and the organisation I was inscribed to, had finally found a family that could accept me so I was going to a meeting to see if I liked the family.

I went with my bigger sister to the principal offices to found Mr. Rongle, the director, that was already waiting for us.

-Hello ladies, come in

-Hello, thank you- my sister Annie answered I just walked in

- So Emily, isn't it?

-Yeah my name is Emily, but you can call me Em

-Well Em, there's a family searching for a girl of your age that want to live with them at England.

England, that was perfect, I always wanted to go there and I didn't need to learn another language

-That sounds amazing- I said excited

- Well in that case, let me show you some pictures of the house.

He took out a folder full of photographs, the house outside was big and white, what I'm saying, it wasn't big, it was HUGE, a mansion, and it was beautiful, a lot of windows and light, the picture had been taken in winter so the garden was full of snow and I couldn't see if there was flowers or not.

Inside it was decorated with a minimalist style most of the furniture was of wood; there were some pictures in the walls.

The room that was going to be mine was, big as the rest of the house, with a balcony to the garden, and my own bathroom, a bed in the middle and a desk, there was a lot of space to do whatever I wanted.

-It's amazing - I said showing the pictures to Annie

-Wow, you are going to have a lot of space in your room- I smiled

- Do you like it? - Mr. Rongle asked me

-A lot

-Then why don't you start completing these papers so I can send them to the family and see if they like you

- There aren't photos of the family?

-No, they didn't send me any, but the family is just the mother and her husband, she has a son and a daughter but they don't live with her

-So I will be like her only daughter?

-Yes- every time I liked this more and more

I started to write in the papers, they were the organisation typical questions: name,age,favourite coulour, movie and hobbies and things like that, until I arrived to the part where the questions are made by the same family, there was just one question

"Who is your favourite singer?"

I thought a lot about my answer, why it was so important my music taste for the family?, and I was about to answer One Direction when I decided that if the question was which singer I couldn't answer with my favourite band, so I wrote

"Hunter Hayes"

-I've finished

-Great I'm sending them right now, I'll phone you when I have the answer

-Perfect, thank you- Annie said and after shaking hands we left.

A week after I was sitting in the couch of my room, with my laptop at my legs watching videos of 1D when my sister entered to the room with a big smile at her face.

I'm sure you are asking yourself why I live with my sister and not my parents, well it is a story I don't like to say that much, but I think you deserve to know it.

Two years ago we were on holidays at the beach, when at the night while everyone was sleeping there was an earthquake, the four of us jumped of our beds and ran, my dad saw that a wall was felling and he pushed Annie and me out of its way , they didn't make it through.

Since then it is only my sister and me, we don´t have any uncle or grand father to take care of us, and like Annie was 18 and I was 16 the government didn't made us live in an orphanage, they gave my sister the money my parents left us and she started working so we could live. Now that I´m eighteen I help her as much as I can, I love drawing and painting and I sell my works so I can have a little bit of money and help her to buy food or pay the rent. It's not easy, we are not rich, we live in an small appartment, but we are happy, and we do our best always thinking of how to make our parents proud.

-Hi Em

-What's up An?Why are you smiling so much?

-I just received this letter, it's for you- She took out an envelope with a letter, I opened it

"Dear Emily,

My name is Anne, and I am the women who is searching for a ¨daughter¨ who want to live in my house for a time, I received your informmation and some pictures of you and I want to tell you that I would love if you could come to England and live with me.

I have a son and a daughter but they have grown up and dont live with me anymore, so I have a lot of spare time and I want to make a beautiful girl like you happy.

If you come, you will have your own bedroom and bathroom, you can go to school or if you don´t want you can enter to the arts school that is near to my house, because I know you love painting , music and dancing.

Hope to see you soon, I´m waiting to meet you

Love

Anne"

I smiled to the paper in my hands, that women was really nice, and I haven't even met her, my sister was smiling at me, hearing every single word the latter said.

- Your plane flies out after tomorrow - She said, I hugged her as tight as I could.

If I only knew that letter was going to change my life, forever.

________________________________________________________________________________

This first chapter is dedicated to @ediblenialler because she was the first one interested in my fanfic :) , please vote comment and dont forget to tell your friends about it lots of love Xxx

ps= i know the first chapters arent that good but it would be lovely if you could give it the chance and keep reading :) 

pss= sorry for the typos (of this and all the story) 

(Edited: 17/01/2016)