07 ) we talked, we looked away

give me a chance, even in our dreams!

I was trembling on my way to the lunchroom

I was trembling on my way to the lunchroom. I knew that every day, I'd be eating lunch with Sunoo, but that wasn't the problem! (In fact, it was a miracle.) I was simply worried about the possibility of him finding out that I may have sent the note. Of course, even the smallest slip-up would cause even the thought about it, and that scared me enough. 

I hold my cold meal in one hand and air in the other. He was only inches away, but he was too busy reading the first book of Assassination Classroom he bought. He told me that he was invested in such a comic series after reading the first few pages, which made me spend almost three hundred dollars buying the whole series to get him even more invested. Yes, surely it was a buy out of impulse, but out of love! If I were to get his best interest, I'll have to like the things he does.

Okay, maybe that's borderline stalker-ish. However, he has good taste. I read the first few pages and it was so good! Especially the part where Nagisa- ah, I shouldn't spoil it. It might just slip out in front of Sunoo.

"Oh, you're here?" He breaks me from the comical trance, looking up from the page. He has a piece of salmon halfway into his mouth, and rice is stuck to the corner of his lips. As messy as it is, I can't help but find him cute at this moment. I know, I know. It's wrong of me to have this image of him as this adorable, squishy marshmallow, but he is! Maybe that's one of the reasons I find him so enticing. Even the thought of him smiling makes my day shine. "I have so much to discuss with you! Areum, you're the only one I trust with this knowledge..."

Now my suspicions are definitely guaranteed to be right. I take a seat, placing my bag in the seat next to me. I scoot closer with his small beckon for me even though I hesitate. He takes something from his backpack pocket, placing it in front of me. "I received a love letter! She, or whoever wrote it, is so sweet. They have such a way with words. Do you think they're taking AP Literature with us? Read it!"

As I see the lilac note, I gulp. I open it slowly, seeing my letter to him.

Dear Sunoo,