♯001| 𝐁𝐀𝐀𝐋 • ill miss u sm, right?

Start from the beginning

Those who were able to hide, to shuttered themself into dark corners, prayed that their god could defeat you. They held onto each other and prayed for their lives, for their Archon to defeat you, to stop you, to save them.

But little did they know that their god was hesitant. Hesitant to draw her blade against you. She didn't see a corrupted being, she saw a friend - a friend that had stuck by her through everything. Her woes, her moods, the loss of her sister, the loss of her friends. She knew that one day your day would come too, but she denied this fact until it was too late. There you stood in front of her, happy to end her home, her people, and the Eternity she continuously sought.

The goddess clutched her spear and charged. She ran across the waves, sparks of electro sliding under her soles as she fought for balance in the winds. She approached you, the picture of a goddess ready to fight to the death for her land; yet, the attack never came.

Ei~ you know growing your teeth out every time they rot isn't healthy you know?

There it was. The voice that had been carved into her mind for years upon years. The familiar, joyful tone that would brighten her day. It hurt. It hurt every time she drew her sword and pointed it at you, so familiar from the many times you would spar. Except in sparring, no one died. She could barely bear the thought of landing a scratch on you.

Your only weapon was water. It was the only thing you needed. Sharpening and shaping the thrashing, frothing waves into a weapon, throwing it into her chest. Tearing open her skin, her sturdy footing faltering. The goddess visibly recoiled. A wake up call, that she was not facing her dear friend, but something entirely different. Nonetheless; too little, too late. She dropped out of the sky, falling onto a miniscule island underneath, slamming into a weathered boulder.

"Is that all you've got? I expected more from you, Ei."

You dropped the columns of water keeping you aloft, descending down onto the little island where the Electro Archon lay. Conscious, but barely.

"Show me what you can really do."

The corruption inking into your veins grew every day. You never asked for this. You never wished to turn against your closest friend. You desperately tried to flinch away from the thoughts that intoxicated your mind. Hiding it would make it fade away, you had thought. It was a temporary thing that would go away, you had thought. It was funny, just how wrong one person could be. The headaches became visions. The visions became whispers that sprouted into thoughts. These thoughts that would one day control your vicious actions, a hidden malice that desired to tear Inazuma, and it's Archon, to pieces.

Every night you would beg for mercy for the thoughts to stop. No matter how loud you screamed, cried, yelled at the walls of your own head, it was useless. Terribly unfortunate that there was no such thing as mercy in the game of war.

The archon was slumped against the boulder that she had slammed against. Murky shades of maroon spilled from where you had attacked her, seeping out into her already-shredded clothes. The violet hair she had always kept neatly in a braid was loose and dishevelled. Her breathing was steadily growing heavier, her stamina was running out. Sheer force of will kept her conscious. A weak hand kept a loose grip on her sword, as if she could actually do anything with it.

You snatched the blade from her hand, holding her life over her head with the very steel she used to defend her land.

"Just give up. Give up Inazuma, give it to me. I'll be a better ruler than you'll ever be."

Feebly, she shook her head in disagreement.

"No... never."

"That's such a shame. I guess I'll have to take you out then."