♯002| 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨. • is this what love is?

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
❝I'm in love... with you❞
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆Imagine loving the person you met once in your life but you didn't know

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆
Imagine loving the person you met once in your life but you didn't know. On top of that, imagine not knowing you were in love.
How tragic.
⋆⋅✦⋅⋆

"If you're able to... ahem... could you try to convince to Xiao go with you?"  Verr Goldet mentioned quietly nervously twisting her fingers together. You looked at her with an are you sure about that expression written on your face.
"Are you sure you want me, to ask the one and only adeptus Xiao to come with me to the Lantern Rite festival?" You asked again unconvinced. She nodded shyly as a response.

"Why me? Does Xiao not attend the Lantern Rite festival normally anyways?" You asked her curiously.
"Well you see, Xiao's always busy with his Adepti duty for the past thousand years. He's never properly experienced it besides watching from the side lines, guarding the people from Liyue from monsters or spirits on the special day. It would be nice of him to have a break I suppose" she said, with slight sadness shown in her eye as she finished explaining. You nod understandingly about his situation. However one thing wasn't quite clear to you.

"I'm sorry to ask again but, why me?" You ask curiously. Verr Goldet's expression became overridden with nervousness. "Ah- Well you're from another world you see! And he's not human so that's why I thought you would be fit for the job. That's it, no other reason" she chuckled anxiously letting out an awkward laugh. Right totally not suspicious at all... you thought to yourself.
"Plus! He's in lov- I mean finds you quite nice after the time you met, don't worry. Now come listen closely here's the plan" she quickly let out trying to change the subject. First time meeting huh? Memories started to flood back as you remember your first encounter with the intimidating Adeptus. When first seeing his appearance you thought to yourself; wow I'm going to roll for him- as you first laid eyes on him. You found him quite interesting for his role in this world of being an Adeptus, you wanted to know more. Though you remember to yourself that first impressions of you to him may have went terribly, ending with him hating you due to his cold attitude.

Little did you know he'd beg to differ in that moment, or first impression when he first met Paimon and you at Wangshu Inn. Something about you felt different to him. You too had caught his attention. Though the words he spoke to you were, "It's for your own good. Leave. Now." it was all a lie to himself. He didn't want you to leave him and he didn't want to leave you. But it was for your own good until you came back to him again, bearing with his favourite food Almond Tofu and questions about the little ghost girl he helped find refuge. It warmed his heart in a way he couldn't describe. People saw him as a weapon, an ancient adeptus to be summoned for their own greed and needs however deep down something about you begged to differ his usual senses. You plagued his usual ways and morals on mortals. But of course, being the Edgy Adeptus he was he didn't let you know, keeping it deep inside.