(11) Upgraded

It's been around a week and each day I've gotten emails telling me the daycare is closed, I'm getting worried.

I've debated sneaking in just to check on Sundrop but I don't want to get fired so I haven't. I was expecting an email today to tell me not to come in but I don't receive one. 

It's only around two hours til I go to work, I haven't been sleep well since I've been worried about the daycare animatronic so I hadn't gotten much the night before. Which is fine, I'll just push through the day, it's worth if I get to see Sun and Moon again. 

I do my morning routine and give all my animals goodbye pets before making my way out the door. I am definitely arriving earlier then I should be but I miss them, I want to see them as soon as possible. 

By the time I get there the Pizza Plex is just opening for employees. I ignore the other workers and the staff bots and animatronics as I make my way to the daycare. I get to the wooden door and I can feel my heart beating out of my chest. I don't know why im so nervous. I pull the door open and make my way inside looking around for Sundrop. 

"Sundrop?" I call out as I look around the daycare, maybe he's in his room. And so I make my way down the hallway to his room. (Hi I didn't know he actually had a room when I first added it so were just gonna go with how I have it in the story previously) As I get closer to his room I hear movement causing me to quicken my pace realizing Sun is indeed in his room. 

I get to the door and debate on knocking or just walking in. I can hear talking now that I'm next to the door but I can't make out what the voices are saying. Well I don't want to be rude so I decide to knock. I knock twice on the door, hearing the room fall silent for a minute before I hear footsteps come up to the door. 

The door open only to reveal Moondrop, but the lights are on? "Moondrop? How are you out? Is your programming okay? I've been worried about you since I kept being told not to come into work," I step forward shoving my face against his chest as I wrap my arms around him, "I missed you so much," I say my voice slightly muffled by his chest. I hadn't realized how much I miss him until now. Seeing him brought so much relief but confusion and worry we're also present. 

"(Y/n), starlight, I missed you so much too," Moon says hugging back, "I'm, okay, my programing is fine, I, or we were just upgraded," Moon explains, rubbing soothing circles on my back. 

It takes a moment for my brain to register, "what did they upgrade on you?" I ask pulling away slightly to see if I could notice any differences. That's when I notice he doesn't have his usual never ending smile, "how did they do that, that's so cool" I say pulling him down slightly to look at the animatronics face. 

Obviously it was still just a machine so the movements weren't perfect but he is able to change his expression, which was made even more evident by the surprise on his face from me pulling him down. "Oh sorry, I guess I got ahead of myself, what else did they do to upgrade you? Did they make it so you and Sun can change when you want instead of with the light?" I ask as I finally let go of his face plate, which is a bit thicker then it had been before. 

"About that," Moon starts as he stands at his full height again before he is interrupted. 

"We have our own bodies!" Sun says as he pops out from behind Moon. He pushes Moon to the side and hugs me picking me up in the process. "We were able to convince parts and services that it would help more with the kids, and that it would be worth the money so they did!" Sun explains as he spins us around, I hold onto him tightly trying not to fall. 

"That's great, but can you put me down? I'm getting dizzy," I request, which he quickly does. 

"Ah, sorry about that,"Sun apologies, this being the first time be hasn't sounded excited since I've seen him. 

"It's okay, and oh my god! This is so cool! Now I can hang out with both of you! I am so excited," I exclaim, a huge grin across my face. 

They two let out a laugh in unison, sending a shiver up my spine as my cheeks flush, god I am going to be so distracted during work. 

"Well with three workers we should be able to keep the kids more under control," I say trying to keep my voice from shaking. Why do I have to like robots, I'm gonna get fired if the manager finds out. 

After a bit we make our way down to the daycare, not wanting a kid to arrive only to have no one there to supervise. 

"Okay wait, so you guys convinced them to give you separate bodies but what about the faces?" I ask. We are all sitting on the floor of the daycare, just waiting for kids to show up. 

"Oh, they were planning on doing that awhile ago, parents were complaining that us looking creepy," Moon explains as I let out a small yawn. Oof I wish I got more sleep. 

"I don't think you guys looked creepy, but I'm not gonna complain either about the upgrade, it's super cool,"I pause for a moment looking over at Sun seeing his smile is a bit different then usual, " but it will take some getting used to, I'm not used to seeing you guys not smiling constantly."

"We'll still always be smiling if you're with us," Sun comments causing me to blush again, the feeling of butterflies filling my stomach. 

"God, you guys drive me crazy," I mutter to myself covering my face with my hands. 

"Aw don't you love us (y/n)?" moon asks in almost a mocking tone pulling my hand softly away from my face. 

I let out a small squeak and look away from Moon, feeling as though my face is on fire at this point. 

Then the sound of balls moving in the ballpit, aw yes, saved by the children.