Chapter 5 - Coming Out

"Did Dina also send you a text?", Noaf wondered the next day.

Inaya had invited me to stay for the night as Nisma's bed had not been taken and I had happily agreed. Nobody knew about Noaf's and my relationship yet and we were not planning to make it official at school. It would just bring us more unwanted drama.

"Yeah. What do you think she wants us to come over for? Why can't she just call?", I questioned.

Noaf shrugged her shoulders and searched her wardrobe for some clothes.

I could have gotten some of my stuff last night, but we had been too lazy. So we had just decided that I would take some of Noaf's clothes for the night. And luckily she had also found a new toothbrush for me.

Noaf tossed a black jeans and shirt my way.

"You don't need to wear it if you don't want to but I guess it's better than your school uniform", she suggested.

As if I would let the chance to wear Noaf's clothes slip.

When we were both dressed Noaf stared at me for a while.

"What?", I asked insecurely.

"Didn't think that it would be so hot to see you in my clothes", she stated, grabbed her bag and went ahead while leaving me behind with an evident blush.

Thankfully Noaf's dad gave us a lift. So we did not need to walk all the way to Dina's house. That would have taken hours.

For a moment we took in the sight of the big mansion in front of us exchanging a surprised glance before Noaf pressed the door bell at the front gate.

A ringing sound erupted signaling us that the gate was unlocked.

Dina welcomed us at the front door. "What took you so long?"

"So what's so important you can't say over the phone?", Noaf asked back.

"Okay, yeah", she replied and led us into the house.

Inside Noaf and I were impressed another time. Despite going to class with Dina for years I had not known her parents were rich. We could not help but take a look at the spacious rooms filled with expensive looking furniture.

"Guys", Dina ripped us out of our daze.

We continued following her upstairs until we arrived inside a room that could only belong to Dina. It looked pink and fluffy.

"This room is just for you?", Noaf wondered and I could not blame her.

She was sharing a way smaller room with her sister after all and my room was playing in a different league as well.

"Yeah, well. Who else would it be for? Duh", Dina remarked.

"Whatever", Noaf mumbled.

When Dina finally told us why we were here I could not believe my ears. She wanted to persuade Mariam to stay at our school? That would just mean more torture.

"There's another thing we haven't tried yet", I proclaimed.

"And what would that be?", Dina questioned.

"Talking to Layan and Rania?", I assumed.

Noaf scoffed. "Yeah and there's a reason we haven't tried yet. Because it won't work anyway", she assumed.

"How do you know if you haven't tried?", I noted.

"It's too late for that, (f/n). The harm has been too immense", Dina interjected.

"If they knew that we're behind everything that happened to Ruqayyah we would be screwed", Noaf agreed.

"We're screwed anyway ... or at least I am", I considered.