The heavy rain continued to fall harder, the clouds getting darker and the wind getting stronger. Pepa's mood only worsens as she hear the words that her nephews and children's could utter.

"You know, hijo?" Her voice sounded surprisingly calm yet her face show otherwise.

"You shouldn't have asked for permission to court her." The words made his heart heavy, he can feel his palms sweating as his heart pound roughly inside his ribcage.

Anxiety and nervousness crept up to his chest as his mother kept glaring down at him.

"Maybe it was wrong for the lady to say yes to your proposal, if only I knew that you'll hurt the girl you're courting then I shouldn't have supported you." Her words stung him.

Every words seem to stab him in the chest, he knew it was true, all of his mother's words are true that's why it hurts him.

His breath got caught in his throat when he recalled your gentle and cheery smile.

When was the last time he saw you? When was the last time that he had talk to you and hugged you? Has it been that long since he strike a long and proper conversation with you?

Tears slid down his freckled cheeks, hazel eyes glint with pain and regrets as he remembered how hurt your voice sounded when you bid him a goodbye.

"I saw how much she had try to not cry in the open, primo." Luisa spoke, voice low yet still loud despite the heavy rainfall.

"The way she avoided my gaze and run away after I saw her tear up, made me want to punch you." Luisa admitted while closing her fist and crashing her barbell against her grip.

"I suggest taking your words back about courting her because you'll only hurt her more." Isabella stated, walking inside her and slamming her door shut.

Luisa dropped the broken barbell and carried Antonio on her arms, she cast a last disappointed glance on her cousin before walking back inside her room.

Dolores flickered her gaze from her mother to her brother, unable to tell if she should continue saying the words that she held back for the past few days.

But she felt her mother shift beside her so she immediately shut her pretty mouth.

"Camilo." Pepa gaze at her son with loving but still with the disappointed look, "I love you because you're my son."

She walked over to him, grasping his cold and trembling hands with her slightly warm ones. She made her look at her, she can see how his tears stream down his cheeks, pain and regret plastered behind those hazel eyes of his.

"You're my son that's why I'm being honest with you, I want you to grow up to be a good man, not hurting and making his love ones cry." Pepa breathed out, warm gaze on her eyes, the one that a mother would give to her children.

"You asked for her permission if you can love her and court her, you asked her, Camilo." She slightly hissed out as a couple of dark clouds appeared above her head again.

"If you love her truly then fix your mistakes. Fix everything and ask for forgiveness." Pepa pinched his ears, he didn't budge on his spot and just let his mother hurt him.

Felix had to step in and bring her away from their son, wrapping his arms around her waist and rubbing her arm, the simple affection made her melt against him.

"Calm down now, mi vida." Felix cooed towards his wife, planting a kiss on her shoulder and cheek.

His eyes landed on his son, hard gaze and lips pursed, "Your mother is right, mijo. You asked for our advice and even your Tia, so you need to fix your mistakes."

"We don't want any conflict between you and your sister's best friend, she is already part of the family even before you courted her." Pepa said, voice low and soft as her husband kept his arms around her.

Camilo and Dolores both watched their parents walk away from them and entered their bedroom.

"Hm." Dolores squeaked, catching her little brother's attention.

"I don't know how you'll ask for forgiveness, but I'm gonna give you a warning. Once Y/n got over of this or should I say you," Dolores corrected herself.

"You'll regret losing the perfect, kindest, caring, prettiest and the bravest girl that you have ever met." Her eyes glared at him, "I already regret introducing her to you, but what's done is done."

With that, she turned away from him. Heels clacking on the tiles of Casita as she went back inside her room.

The loud slam echoed in the hallway, leaving him speechless and hurt by the consultation or confrontation that just happened.

He was hurt that you were avoiding him, he was annoyed because his cousins are keeping you away from him, but it all made sense now..

I hurt her..

He promised to make you happy, to make you smile and laugh everyday until you say yes to him, until you agree to become his lover.

He already inflicted so much pain on the girl he love so dearly, he didn't mean to, he really didn't mean it, he was just really being friendly.

But all the hurtful truths that his family spit out to him knocked some sense in his brain.

His heart clenched painfully inside his chest, more tears streamed down his freckled cheeks as he made his way to his own bedroom.

He could only hope that you'll forgive him because just like what his sister said,

"I'll lost the perfect girl."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

This is the last chapter for today, I promise!

I hope y'all like this one!