my-log: questions

Start from the beginning

"...Nope."

"Really? None? Like at all?"

"You just wasted 3 questions. 13 left."

"No fair."

"You don't think so?"

"15 left."

I smile. I didn't realize he was keeping track of my questions too. "...Favorite song?" 14 left.

"...I don't have one. I like too many. Yours?" 12 left.

"Honeymoon Avenue."

"Whose that by?" 11.

"Ariana Grande."

"Ahhh. I see...Do you miss your parents? Yknow, moving here alone?"

My brows twitch. 9 left. "...I haven't missed them for years, so no."

"You haven't seen them in years? Where did they go?" 7 left.

"...Do you miss your parents Niki? Since you're from Japan and all..." 13 left.

"You avoided my question."

He's straightforward. I only stare at him, and he gives up and answers my questions. "...I miss them everyday...I want to see them soon."

I see his eyes downturn with sadness. "...I see...I hope you can visit them soon...It must be difficult."

"...Yeah..."

"...Do you have siblings?" 12 left.

"Sisters. Younger and older."

"Oh nice...Do you enjoy the cold?" 11.

He seems taken aback by the sudden question. "...I prefer to be cold than hot, yes...How about you?" 6.

"I hate winter but I'd rather be freezing. I hate to be hot..."

"...Hm...Are you a romantic?" 5.

That took a bit of a turn. "...Nope...I've never had anything romantic happen to me, or had anyone find me attractive..."

"Not true."

"It's not? How?" 9 left. I sound offended, like I think he's accusing me of lying.

"I won't tell you."

"What?" 8.

"...Ive noticed something about you." He shifts to sit criss cross, and he doesn't let go of eye contact. "Your love language is acts of service."

Okay, now that's random. "And why is that?" 7.

"You're always doing things to show you care. Like...helping Geun. Taking Sunoo to the market through a snowstorm. Moving these boxes to help me be more comfortable. Cooking us all dinner...It's adorable, that you don't even realize how cute it is."

My face explodes with heat. "I-I'm just being manner-full. It's nothing dramatic! I-I..." I seal my lips because I'm so embarrassed.

He continues on. "I've noticed a lot about you, y/n. Not just how you show affection for people. But you also hate eye contact. You can't even look at me for 5 seconds straight." He's smirking now.

"I can, too."

"Want to try them? Look at me for 5 seconds and I'll let you have 5 extra questions." 4 left. He leans closer, and he's already smiling because he knows he'd win.

I blink heavily, and gulp the lump in my throat. "..." I man up, and gaze into his eyes for as long as I can. My stomach is churning and my hands are trembling. God, I despise eye contact—