𝟦 | 𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖾𝗑𝗁𝗂𝖻𝗂𝗍𝗌

Start from the beginning

     "Now we have to see it," Maya pushed with a malicious smile.

     "Come on, Karissa, I'm sure it can't be that ba..." Farkle trailed off once his eyes hit the paper. "Oh my gosh," he muttered. "Karissa, this is... Is this really how you see me?" The puppy dog face Farkle had made Karissa smile slightly.

     Again, before she was actually able to answer, Maya and Riley joined them, now needing to see what the drawing

     Again, before she was actually able to answer, Maya and Riley joined them, now needing to see what the drawing. The second Maya's hand touched Karissa's sketch book, Jamie ripped it from Farkle's grasp and immediately passed it to Karissa, who hid it behind her back.

     Of course, that meant Lucas saw it and took it from her with his mouth agape. "This is incredible, Kris," he complimented, now staring at Karissa with the same awed expression Farkle had.

     "Let me see it," Maya demanded, making both Karissa and Jamie roll her eyes. "She said no, Maya. Back off," Jamie snapped.

     "Oh, what, everyone can see it except for us?"

     "Jamie, Miss Kossal, Farkle, and Lucas saw it. That's four people and it's not going farther than that. Not to mention, you two pretty much hate me, so why do you even want to see it?"

     "You shall be my queen."

     Farkle's sudden confession caused Karissa's eyes to widen, almost comically, and harshly cough which led to Jamie patting her on the back.

     "Okay, let, uh... let's rewind back, Farkle. I drew a picture of you. That's all."

     However, that's not at all how Farkle thought of it. Karissa had no clue how much that one drawing meant to the young genius.

     Farkle shook his head. "You see me as a king. You shall be my queen." Karissa nodded uncomfortably as she moved to stand behind Lucas, putting her hands on his shoulders and leaning down to whisper in his ear.

     "Lucas, tear it up— Tear it up, right now."

     He chuckled, trying to contain the blush that spread across his cheeks from their close proximity. Lucas placed his right hand over her left for a moment, before he took it away in order to flip through the previous pages.

     "Farkle, honey, you can't be in love with me; you hardly even know me."

     "I told you— it was love at first sight."

     Lucas' grin fell the second he saw an earlier drawing in Karissa's sketchbook.