𝟣 | 𝗉𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗅𝗉𝗁𝗂𝖺 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝗍𝖾𝗑𝖺𝗌

philadelphia meets texas!
"you're sweet. i think i'll keep you"

     𝓘t was the first day of the new school year and Karissa Hunter was on the subway on her way to school while scrolling through her phone when a blonde hair boy that seemed about her age, taking a seat next to her

     "Hi," Lucas greeted the girl with a kind grin. "I'm Lucas."

     Although surprised by his forwardness, Karissa still returned the smile. "Hey, Lucas. I'm Karissa."

     The two were actually able to break out into conversation pretty easily especially for having just met.

     Their talk was cut short, though, when Karissa peeked over his shoulder and spotted two familiar girls. "Seems like you got a couple admirers." When Karissa jerked her chin behind him, Lucas followed her line of sight to find a blonde and brunette staring at them. Or, more specifically, staring at Lucas. He flashed them a friendly smile before shifting his attention back to Karissa.

     Before he was able to speak with her again, the blonde had waltzed over. "Hi, I'm Maya. You're really cute. We should hang out sometime. You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me. This isn't working out. It's you, not me. We can still be friends. Not really." Maya walked away right after, not waiting for a reaction or noticing Lucas' highly confused expression.

     Karissa chuckled to herself while shaking her head. Lucas glazed at her with raised brows. "Do you know what just happened?" Before Karissa was able to answer, the subway came to a halt and the brown haired girl, Riley, fell back onto Lucas' lap.

     "We were just talking about you," Riley admitted nervously. "You used to go out with my friend, Maya."

     "I'm Lucas," he introduced, earning a lovesick grin from Riley. "I love it," she complimented like she was in a daze while Lucas moved her onto the empty seat to his left.

     At that moment, a woman approached the three. "Hi, Evelyn!" Karissa exclaimed with a smile. "Hey, sugar," Evelyn greeted fondly before speaking louder and hinting, "Perhaps someone would like to give their seat to someone older?"

     Karissa and Lucas both immediately went to get up, but were stopped by Evelyn. "Oh, not you two, sweet potato pies." She winked.

     Knowing Evelyn meant her, Riley made a 'come here' motion with her hand and stood, lowering her voice. "Please don't make me move. I just want to see where this goes," With no emotion, Evelyn argued, "I've just worked a twelve hour shift and I just wanna see where this," she placed a hand on her butt, "goes. Mmm-kay?" Defeated, Riley nodded with a frown. "Mmm-kay," she conceded disappointedly before leaving.

     "Well," Lucas spoke up after a moment, "that was... interesting." He and Karissa laughed at that right before Riley had once again fallen back, but this time, on Karissa instead of Lucas.