You suddenly snap forward and push the guard to your left over. He falls to the ground with a tumble, and the other guard quickly reaches for his gun. You whip it from his waistband and knock him against the elevator's walls so harshly that he falls into a swift state of unconsiousness.

The first guard looks at you in fear, wide-eyed, as you raise the gun to his head. He trembles, but it seems like he's glued to his position on the floor.

So this is what the third fight-or-flight reaction, freeze, looks like in person. Huh.

You don't shoot. C'mon, you're not a monster! Instead, you knock him on the forehead and he, too, falls into an... aggressive state of sleepiness.

"Score!" you whisper, a wide smile on your face. You're not too sure if you really understand whether or not score is applicable to the situation, but it's what Hank and Connor always cheer when they're playing Mario Kart against each other, so... It probably works.

Gently, you brush your fingers down the front of your shirt in a soothing motion before getting back on track.

You clear your throat. "Agent 54. Level -49," you say, in the crispest imitation you've ever done.

"Voice recognition validated. Access authorized."

And before you know it, the elevator is swooping downward, like a kid's rollercoaster. You sigh softly, relieved, and comb a finger through the hair that forms around your ears. Thank God (or ra9, as Sorrel would say) that you didn't mess up.

Huh. On that note, isn't it funny you're a deviant now, and you still haven't the faintest idea what or who ra9 is? Is Markus ra9? Is ra9 a group-operated disguise for deviants already at Jericho?

Before you can continue on with that confusing trail of thoughts, the elevator stops, and dings. The doors slide open with a whooshing noise, revealing hundreds and thousands of rows of Androids clad in Cyberlife uniform standing perfectly still in their groups.

It's really quite creepy, actually, just how lifeless they appear. Like human-operated corpses.

The eeriness of the room sends a tingling up your spine you haven't felt before, but still, you move to take a step forward. Your shoe knocks against one of the first guard's legs and you flinch. Oh, right.

You press the elevator's emergency stop button to keep it there with the doors open. "Okay. Now I'm ready."

Taking hurried but calculated steps, you reach toward the first Android you first set your eyes on, and gently hold its hand. It feels so cold and smooth as you connect your fingers to its palm, even compared to your own mostly lifeless self.

Again, you dive into the deepest corners of your mind.

You pull out every emotion you can and pour it into the Android's being. It's easier now that you've done it a few times. Admittedly, Markus sharing his memories with you has also helped. In fact, it only takes about five seconds.

You're just on the brink of freeing it when-

"Easy, can't we talk about this! I still dunno' what the fuck is happenin' here!"

What?!

You freeze and your hand drops from the Android's. Your head snaps to the left where you see two familiar faces. One is brings you comfort and relief, and the other is absolutely terrifying. Your head spins. What on Earth is happening?

"Step away from the Androids Y/N, and I'll spare him," says the voice. It's cold and detached, so unlike how it's meant to be. It's unnatural. And in your shocked state, all you can do is stare in bewilderment.