chapter 22.

the sound of screaming woke sooyoung and wooyoung from their peaceful slumber, resulting them to jolt upwards.

"byeol, what-" jihae ran to her, then stopped when she saw what the girl got so shocked at. "what the fuck, you guys?"

"what's wrong?" minjee walked over to them, her jaw almost dropping to the floor when she noticed who was beside her friend.

sooyoung exhaled deeply.

the boy ended up sleeping on the bed since there weren't any extra blankets or pillows. the two didn't even think much of it. they planned on waking up earlier than the others so that wooyoung can sneak back in his room.

"morning, noona." he groggily greeted, rubbing his eyes.

the eldest closed her eyes, feeling tired despite just waking up. "both of you have a lot of explaining to do."

"you said you were gonna get out." sooyoung says to the purple haired as she place a hand on her head.

"you said you were gonna wake me up if i didn't." he countered.

a loud series of knocks were suddenly heard, making jihae answer the door. they saw the pink haired boy behind it.

"hey, noona. have you seen woo? he-" he laid his eyes upon the lilac he's been looking for and stopped talking. "oh, what?"

"yep." jihae puffs out. "take him back."

yeosang nodded. he adverted his gaze towards his girlfriend, still looking a bit bamboozled. "hi, byeol."

byeol stared back at him with a soft expression, slowly smiling. "hi, sangie."

"okay, let's just go back to our rooms, yeah?" jihae snaps her fingers at the lovebirds. "and you, sooyoung. get up and pack your things."

"yes, ma'am." even though she felt lazy, sooyoung didn't want to piss their leader even more, causing her to move the warm blanket away from her torso. "is the bus ready?"

"it'll be ready earlier than you so move your ass unless you want me to tell a teacher about your guest."

"i'll be going then, noona." wooyoung waved, almost getting hit by a cushion, as he blew a playful kiss at jihae.

the older groans as both boys stepped out their room.

sooyoung tried her best to rush, being assisted by minjee who passed her the toothpaste. "you're back together with jung wooyoung?"

the transferee shook her head. "no. he got locked out and i found him on my way to the bathroom." her words a little muffled by her brushing.

when the girls were fully packed, they went outside and found seonghwa with the other boys, seemingly waiting for them.

jongho was the first to approach them, grabbing minjee's belongings without a word. he walked away followed by wooyoung, making the others stare at his back.

"damn, that was cool." seonghwa muttered, getting close to his partner. "should i also try to be one of those mysterious type?"

"and what? be boring?" she replied, scoffing.

"hey! jongho's not boring." minjee inserted, the volume of her voice slowly decreasing as she realized how defensive she got.

jihae giggles. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean it that way." she handed her bag to seonghwa who gladly carried them. "we'll be going back to school the same way we came here. that means we're still traveling by class."

sooyoung yawns, resting her chin on the top of minjee's head. "do we get to pick our seatmates this time?"

"no."