chapter 14.

two years ago

"hey!" sooyoung sharply called. "i'm still your girlfriend."

she just caught some girl trying to make a move on her partner, and she thought he was being too friendly.

"then why can't we tell them that?" wooyoung drowsily asked, which only earned him an annoyed grumble.

"i already told you. people will make fun of both of us! i'll lose my reputation and-"

the boy sighed as he just couldn't understand. "there are more important things than that, soo."

"what? like you?" sooyoung utters without thinking, crossing her arms.

that little comment made wooyoung's heart drop. he knew his girlfriend could be rude at times, but with what he overheard a few months ago, this was a different level of hurt.

the girl sensed her mistake, but before she could say anything else, wooyoung beat her to it.

"i'll just go." he said without hearing her out.

***

arriving in the classroom, sooyoung immediately looked for extra clothes she could wear. she scrambled on both her and her seat mate's desk and bags.

after failing to find minjee's p.e uniform, she frantically searched under the table of her classmates, not having any luck.

this made her slightly panic.

"you look like a mess." a voice made her halt her movements. she, now, noticed the lilac haired sitting by the window.

"shut up." she mumbled. "it just had to be jajangmyeon."

wooyoung raised his eyebrow, recalling something. "aren't you-"

"yeah." sooyoung answered abruptly, feeling her skin getting more irritated.

the girl wasn't thinking rationally at the moment. she only felt her nails scratching herself. an thought crossed her mind, but it wasn't an ideal one.

after some contemplating, she made the decision to take off her blouse, planning to use it to wipe the oyster sauce.

"are you stupid?" wooyoung turned his head away from her, seeing her undershirt.

"you want my allergies to be worse?" sooyoung snapped, before exhaling in frustration. "who am i kidding? you probably do."

"i'm not that sadistic." the purple haired rolled his eyes. he hesitantly turned around, and took off his jacket. "you're still dumb."

sooyoung tented her brows as she saw the boy throw the piece of clothing towards her. "what am i supposed to do with this?"

"eat it." wooyoung sarcastically replied. "you wanna walk around the halls with a see through undershirt?"

the girl made a 'tch' sound and looked down, as if embarrassed. she placed the jacket over her shoulder. "then?"

wooyoung groaned quietly. "you should have went to the bathroom, then to the nurse, idiot."

"don't call me an idiot!" she exclaimed defensively.

"i wouldn't have if you weren't acting like one." the boy stated. he was about to go back to his chair when he noticed the girl standing still. "aren't you going?"

"fine!" sooyoung huffed and went out the room. a little part of her expected him to come along, making her feeling flushed for even thinking about it. this distracted her from a tiny problem.