𝟤 | 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

Start from the beginning

     "A single strand and I'll start breaking fingers one by one," Karissa warned the second his eyes fell on her. Farkle hesitated for a moment, having a mental debate on if it was worth it. He ultimately decided it wasn't.

     He can just get it another time when she's not expecting it.

     "Wait, so, now there's four of us and one of you?" Riley questioned Farkle who grinned. "That's awesome... The future— You can't escape it. I am Farkle!" He raised his arms and walked back to his desk.

     As Cory went back to the front of the class, he copied Farkle, "The assignment— You can't escape it. I am teacher!" He used his thumbs to point to himself. "Okay, so here's what we're going to do, guys. We're gonna split into teams and discover whether or not new technology has made us better people. You'll do presentations on your findings, and here's a twist— No computers."

     Farkle slammed both hands on the table, shouting, "What?!"

     "We're going old school. You're gonna do your research at the New York Public Library."

     Maya turned to Riley. "What?"

     "And here's another twist, because I trust you, not at all... Give me your cellphones." Everyone complained at Cory's order while he just nodded going up to the first desk of every row and collecting the devices. "Yeah. Come on, hand 'em up, hand 'em up."

     Once he had all of them, he continued with the lesson. "Okay, so, our teams for this assignment, Maya..." Farkle instantly jumped onto Maya's lap, saying, "What's up?"

     "Riley, you will be with Jamie and Karissa..." Cory stopped talking, looking at Lucas. "No! No!" He repeated it once more as the bell rang and students filed out.

     Lucas unconsciously grinned to himself, grateful to have been paired with Karissa. He doesn't know what it is, exactly, but something about her is extremely alluring to him.

     Coming face to face with Lucas, Cory asked, "Why did you have to come here?" 

     "I'm sorry I make you uneasy, sir."

     On the other hand, Riley's highly excited demeanor was deflated once Cory had partnered Lucas up with Karissa instead of her

☁︎  ☁︎  ☁︎  ☁︎  ☁︎

     When Maya spotted Lucas walking past them after class, she stopped him. "Hey, soaring eagle. You walkin' with us to the library tonight?"

     "Maybe— I have to see if it's okay with Karissa first."

     Maya rolled her eyes and suggested harshly, "She can just meet us there." Lucas opened his mouth to argue, but stopped upon seeing Karissa on her way to her locker while speaking with Jamie.