Everyone seemed to be collectively holding their breaths, waiting for the moment their lips would touch. And they did. Wow. Axel was actually kissing Henri. And none of them seemed to be flinching from the contact. Their lips were locked in an actual kiss!

It was so uncomfortable to watch. But at the same time, why couldn't I look away?

"Damn." Laura breathed next to me.

I seconded that. It was actually kind of mesmerising to watch guys kiss. Or maybe it had something to do with Axel and Henri? It could also be due to the fact that they were both good-looking.

When they pulled away, the first person to speak was Henri. "This was a one time thing. Don't make it a habit. And I swear to God, if you look at me weird after today—"

"Bro shut the fuck up." Axel retorted, then stood up and turned to Laura, "There. Better now?"

"Actually, I think I feel worse. Could you do that again? But this time just a little bit longer?" Her British accent was three times more pronounced.

Oh, Laura.

Axel rolled his eyes and walked past her—past us, going back to occupy his space on the floor. He grabbed the bottle and spun. It landed on a guy whom I was pretty sure was from Arts block because I couldn't remember ever seeing him in the Sciences building.

"Truth or dare?" Axel wasted no time in asking.

"Truth."

"Okay. I'm just going to go straight to the point with this one." Axel rubbed his hands together as he took a deep breath. "Did you or did you not start before the referee blew the whistle at the semi-finals race last year?"

I wasn't here last year so I didn't know what race he was talking about. But no one was expecting that question at all, judging by the looks on their faces.

"You really won't let that go, will you?" The boy laughed.

"Not until you tell the truth."

"Seriously. Just tell him so you guys can bury the fucking hatchet." Alex groaned, "He wouldn't stop talking our ears off about it."

"Because I know I'm right." Axel argued.

There were collective murmurs in the crowd. Why was this race such a big deal?

"Actually," The boy began and the murmuring stopped. He waited until everyone turned to him before he continued, "He's right. I did start before the whistle went out that day, but everyone was so distracted by the fact that Axel lost that no one took note of that. Axel was supposed to win that race. "

"Yes! I knew it." Axel exclaimed, then, when he saw the look the boy aimed at him, added quietly, "I mean, man you are a beast on the track, we know that, but we also know that I'd top that any day."

"Why did that sound so dirty?" Laura mumbled.

"I bet everything sounds dirty to you right about now." Alexander told her. This was the first time he had spoken to her directly that I had taken note of.

"Yeah, well, there you have it." The boy shrugged, "Pass me the bottle."

Axel rolled the bottle to him and he caught it deftly. Then he stared hard at this girl sitting directly opposite him. It was such an intense look and it was obvious that he was up to something. He tilted his head as he gave the bottle a calculating look. I didn't know how, but when he spun the bottle, it landed facing the girl. Accurately.

"Truth or dare?"

The girl seemed nervous, so it took a while before she said, "Truth."

"Why is everyone picking truth?" Natasha asked, "I swear you people are making this game so boring. From now on, after every truth, the next time the bottle lands on you, you automatically get a dare."