6. New tactics

Spinning lights danced tauntingly above my head as I recovered into this world. My dreamless slumber was strange, and I didn't know if I liked having small dreams, or the grudgingly long, stale sleep. Tony stark was beside me, his iron man suit off, and quietly reading a book on advanced mechanics.

"Tony..." I groaned, rubbing my hands over my eyes. Well, I hoped to. My arms were newly bound to the bed, looser then before, but restricting all the same. "How're yah doing?" He asked, glancing up from his guide. "What happened, and please unbound me. I'm stable now," I sighed. He began to unwind them, and I breathed out in thanks.

My wrists cracked as I flexed them, the air flowing across my skin refreshingly. "You were right," he mumbled, and I glanced up. What was he trying to say? "You needed the straps..." He finished, and I realized the lack of doctors and nurses. Also, the lack of Jim.

"It's okay. Your boyfriends fine," Tony assured, detecting my frantic eyes. I weakly smiled, glad at his safety, and decided to say his new signature line. "He's not my boyfriend,"

"I don't know if you guys are kidding or not," he said, a small smile playing his lips. It seemed he was actually about 50% serious. On the side of my bed lay my stuff. My tattered book bag, my clothes, which looked more comfortable than this airy hospital gown, and a small separate bag.

The bag! I almost forgot!

"Hey, stark," I called, as he had seemingly returned to his book. "Yeah?"

I opened the bag and handed him the small glass case I had swiped from his mansion. "No one steals from you, huh?" I jeered, a taunting smirk dancing on my face. He swiped it back, "this saved my life you know,"

I smiled, "and you saved mine," surprisingly, he frowned. "They were able to have some tests done while you were unconscious," he explained, and I shifted my bed more upright, eager to hear. My look gave him an 'and?' Gesture. "That's where Jim is. Talking with them..."

I furrowed my brow, not understanding where he was getting at. "You have some chronic internal bleeding," he said slowly, as if he said it too fast, I would ask for him to say it again.

"Oh,"

"Oh? You're basically dying and all you say is 'oh?" He said, mouth agape. "You're one to talk! I saw it on the news. The week if your birthday, you thought you were dying, and caused havoc across the country!" I riposted.

He paused, "but I'm not anymore," another pause. "I was able to fix myself. Maybe... Maybe with your... Gifts... You can fix yourself," he said, think of ideas. Wait a second. Internal bleeding? INTERNAL BLEEDING!

"I have a way!" I screeched, almost jumping out of my bed. "Get Jim, and tell him to bring a bucket!" I called to Tony as he was already halfway out the door.

The whole ordeal with the needles, my powers! I can shape shift. Change my molecules. Physically move them.

I prepared my self and went through every step in my head in case the worse should occur. Jim rushed in followed my doctors, and Tony. Jim rushed in, frazzled. His hand was gripping a yellow bucket in confusion, it I couldn't help but notice the small bandage on the side of his forehead.

Standing up, the doctors rushed forward. "You can't get up. It seems you have-"

"Internal bleeding, yeah I know," I interrupted, and the doctors gave Tony an icy glare. "What's going on? Why do I have a bucket?" Jim questioned, furrowing his brow. "I don't know, don't ask me. You brought it," I joked, but all I got was a glower from him. "Okay too soon," I mumbled. "Answer," his voice demanded, it's deep growl making me actually a little scared. I must've slightly flinched or my eyes probably changed color because he immediately softened. "I'm sorry... Just. You're worrying me. Please,"

His eyes pleaded, and I began to explain. "Because I can-"

"What are you doing!?"

I flicked my eyes behind to a man. The man that said I wasn't a person. "You let her out?!" He said. "Yeah! And I think every one should be worrying about you! Who carries around a tranquilizing gun?" Jim argued, astonished. "I can speak for myself," I growled, but no one heard me.

"I was with a friend, got into a but of a sport hunting incident. Rushed over here when I heard growling. I saved your damn life!" the man argued, and glared daggers at me. "She needs to be captured and fixed," he said, with a snarl. "Excuse me?" I said, mouth agape. "Animals deserve to be caged," he dead panned. I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I've heard some pretty rough things, but right now, I was especially delicate.

"I think that's enough. The big kids are handling it now," Tony told the man, and serious look on his face. "Oh, iron man. So tall and mighty. Couldn't even handle her," the guy sneered. "I heard you almost died while-"

"Yeah I've almost died a lot," Tony argued, trying to change the subject. "Get out, or will we need to call security?" Jim demanded, a threatening tone in his voice. The guy squinted at me, and lurked away. "That is so creepy," i murmured, and Jim turned to me, cracking a smile. "Okay, where were we," he said, raising his eyebrows.

"I can shift my molecules while I shape shift, and maybe, I can detach the blood. Also, I could perhaps, move my molecules and mend myself-"

"-thus creating a self propelled healing system!" Jim interrupted, and he embraced me in a hug. "You're amazing," he sighed. I blushed, "I know,"

He detached himself from me, but slightly frowned. "Why the bucket?" He asked, perplexed about the object he held. "For the extra blood," I sighed, and he grimaced. "Good call,"

The doctors who were observing seemed to come to their senses. "Let's get started, shall we?"

A/N

Sorry haven't updated. For some reason, my wattpad was down. :( couldn't see my stories. Well problem solved! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!