𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴 -the Seide family-

Start from the beginning

I passed through the two doors, for now they only contained a little desk and one bed each, but in a few years these rooms would be almost unbreathable, with paintings hanging on the walls, beds taking up half the space, but keep in mind the rooms weren't exactly big. (The Seide family, although it had many members barely made an entire football team)

I had some trouble finding the parents' bedroom, before I realised they were obviously down stairs, behind a narrow and tall door, the whole family was reunited to meet their new daughters or sisters.

At this time of day, Trudy would usually have been knitting, seated in her wooden chair by the window downstairs. Alfred would have been reading his newspaper. Walter and Wilma would have started their chores, but not that night.

Ordinary activities did not fit the occasion.

They had two new family members in the house.

Whoever would do the dishes that night was hugely unimportant. In that moment I wished I could have smiled at the little family, but my lack of body made it impossible.

I also wanted to do my part in maintaining the joy in this room.

Everyone radiated happiness.

"I hoped it would be at least one boy!" Except for Walter of course. How could I forget? His arms were crossed over his chest. The kid was Practically pouting.

The clear annoyance and disappointment in the blond boy's tone did not amuse his mother. Trudy Seide did not just carry and give birth to two babies for her son to complain.

"What did you just say, walter?" She asked with a glare that I would call a-choose your words carefully-glare.

One thing to know about Trudy Seide is that she surprised everyone. Every single person that met this woman—including myself—thought her to be only this sweet, caring young mother. Which was true, to a certain extent. Sweet and caring she was but not always.

Trudy had many sides to her, like I find most humans have.

Humans are never just black or white. Good or bad. They're so much more than that. They're fascinating.

And Frau Seide was no less fascinating than any other. She could be angry like a thunderstorm one minute and Happier and brighter than the sun itself the other.

"Entschuldigung, mama." Walter apologised, looking down at his shoes.

Although the boy had an immense amount of pride and ego. I found he always apologised to his parents. (He had a harder time apologising to any other person, since it meant he had to admit he was wrong. He never thought himself to be wrong)

Wilma was the opposite of her brother, she was what others thought Frau Seide to be, sweet and caring no matter what.

Naturally she had her own problems. Some of which I'll let you discover as the story unfolds.

Contrary to her brother Wilma's face was decorated with a wide smile.

"They're truly adorable." she said, looking up at her mother who gave her an appreciative smile. I could have sworn her exact thought was:

'At least my dear Wilma is happy.'

"I would argue they're mostly wrinkly." Walter said, slowly backing away, he knew what he had said was unnecessarily passive aggressive, some might even say downright rude.

"Walter." His father warned, had Alfred been just a little bit closer to him, the young boy would have received a hard slap across the face. He didn't though, lucky him.