"What are you protecting her from then?"

"Ivan pissed off another mafia," Dream answered honestly. "Ones that are seeking for some type of revenge. Ivan is currently being held here, being talked to," Daniela raised her eyebrows at the lie, "by another leader who stole from him. One of his men got drunk and told everyone Ivan has a daughter, but he never told anyone where she was."

"So you're protecting her from another mafia?" Lucia asked.

"Pretty much," Dream nodded his head, hands sliding down the armrest.

Before the women could form their thoughts, the door of Dream's office were being opened. In walked in Mr. V who was wiping his bloody hands with a handkerchief, whistling, having not noticed the middle-aged ladies not so far from him.

"Dream—" Mr. V then stopped in his tracks when he looked up and he glanced at the women sitting down and then at Daniela. He, too, noticed the similarities. "Hello... I didn't know you had visitors, Dream."

As if just realizing his hands, he immediately hid them behind him, ignoring the sticky residue left in the wake of the dried blood on the skin of his hands and fingers. He clearly didn't want to scare them away.

"Mr. V," Dream shook his head, "these are Daniela's grandparents. They just popped in to see check up on her."

"Grandparents!" Mr. V grew excited at hearing the word. He stepped forward and squatted down between the women, wrapping his arms around their shoulders, hugging them without getting blood on their shirts—he was trying to be as careful as he could. "Nice to meet you. I'm happy to meet people who impacted Daniela's life."

"Oh, uh," Lucia nervously chuckled, "you're welcome. She was an angel growing up and still is."

"She really is," Mr. V fist bumped Daniela and Dream watched the scene evolved in front of him. The grandmothers were shocked at how easy their granddaughter was talking with mob bosses. She seemed almost relaxed which was crazy to them because... why?

"Where's Dolores?" Lucia questioned, eyes wide with panic as she and Guadalupe wondered where their friend was at, considering that she wasn't there next to Daniela like she always was.

"She's with Emily," Mr. V dreamily sighed and Daniela snorted.

"She's with another maid here," she answered for Mr. V who seemed in almost a trance at remembering Ms. Lenard. "She got closer with more people here, very happy."

"It seems as if you two are okay," Guadalupe breathed out. "You guys don't seem in danger and if you staying here means being safe, then you can stay here, helps us sleep at night knowing our granddaughter is alive and well."

"Mhmm," Lucia agreed. "We won't be worried but, you just need to use your phone to text or call us so we can know you're still safe and sound, Daniela."

The two women gave her a pointed look and she innocently smiled. "I will call and text if someone," Daniela turned to look at Dream who stared up at her, fingers rubbing his lower lip as he was in deep though, "let me do so."

At the glares he received from the girl's grandmothers, he sighed and cursed under his breath. "Fine, as long as you tell me the street where that conservative area you were talking about resides."

"It's by Ultra Street," Lucia answered. "A bunch of men with flags on their porch. You'll see the trucks in the driveway. Just, warning, they are very... icky."

Dream chuckled breathlessly at the woman's words. "I've dealt with the odor of dead bodies. Their poor body hygiene doesn't affect me."

"Poor kids that have to deal with them," Guadalupe shook her head. "I dislike those sticky children but... their mothers and fathers were so mean to them. Horrible."

"Hmm," Dream hummed, eyes immediately going to his guard by the door. The man simply nodded and walked out, leaving the door open for Dream. "I have something to do so, in the meantime, you can stay. It's better to leave in the morning tomorrow, less people on the road."

"Where are you going?" Daniela asked, furrowing her eyebrows before realizing that he will most likely not tell her.

She could see his smirk as he put on his blazer, heading towards the opened door. "Ultra Street."

He walked out and the door slammed behind them, leaving Daniela in confusion since he just told her where he was going.

"Where's Ivan?"

"I'm dealing with him," Mr. V smiled brightly, having been staring after Dream, the man clearly knowing what he was going to do. "Anyway, do you guys want coffee, tea?"

"Tea would be nice."

"Mhmm..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I was thinking of Peaky
Blinders and Mr. V gives
me Alfie Solomon vibes...

Also, here are some of the
chapters with sexual tension
that I already wrote :)

Also, here are some of thechapters with sexual tensionthat I already wrote :)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

p.s. i'll go back to edit the gifs
and come to my server to ask
me what you want to see more of