Chapter 8

"Well, your highness. I must say everything is going just swimmingly. I knew you had it in you." Kurogiri chuckled as the other objects entered.

"I let her go."

"Splend-" Kurogiri chuckled but stopped in the middle of his sentence and everyone gasped in shock. "You what? How could you do that?"

"I had to."

"Yes-yes-yes, but why?" Kurogiri asked.

"Because, I love her."

"Then why aren't we human?" Compress asked.

"Because she doesn't love him. And now, it's too late." Kurogiri answered.

"But she might still come back." Featherduster suggested.

"No." Tomura interrupted. "I set her free. I'm sorry I couldn't do the same for all of you. Now go. Our time is almost past."

The objects walked out in despair, but Toga, not giving up, quickly ran down to the front door.

~

(Play Song)

Inside Tomura's lair he sat on the dusty floor and looked at his paws.

"I was the one who had it all." Tomura sang and looked at the glowing rose. "I was the master of my fate, I never needed anybody in my life. I learned the truth too late. I'll never shake away the pain. I close my eyes but she's still there, I let her steal into my melancholy heart. It's more than I can bear."

Tomura stood up and walked to the balcony where he saw Y/n riding H/n away from his castle.

"Now I know she'll never leave me. Even as she runs away, She will torment me, Calm me, hurt me, Move me, come what may." Tomura sang as he made his way up the stairs. "Wasting in my lonely tower, Waiting by an open door, I'll fool myself she'll walk right in."

Tomura looked out a window and heard H/n neigh start to fade.

"And be with me for evermore." Tomura continued and stomped up to a balcony. "I rage against the trials of love, I curse the fading of the light, though she's already flown so far beyond my reach, She's never out of sight. Now I know she'll never leave me. Even as she fades from view."

"She will still inspire me, be a part of everything I do." Tomura sang and looked at the walls around him. "Wasting in my lonely tower, Waiting by an open door."

Tomura walked open to the top of the tower and watched as Y/n's body continued to get smaller.

"I'll fool myself she'll walk right in and as the long, long nights begin, I'll think of all that might have been, Waiting here for evermore!!!!"

~

"Papa?" Y/n called as H/n trotted through the woods. "Papa?"

Y/n turned her head back and forth before she saw D/n unconscious on the ground.

~

Y/n carefully pulled her father down from her horse and dragged him into her cottage passing by a snowman, who was Mimic disguised as the snowman.

"Oh, they're back." Mimic softly chuckled and ran to tell Kai.

~

As D/n slowly opened his eyes he saw his daughter looking at him in worry.

"Y/n?"

"Shh. It's all right, Papa. I'm home." Y/n shushed and placed a wet rag on his forehead.

"I thought I'd never see you again."

"I missed you so much." Y/n said and pulled her father into a hug.

"But the beast. How did you escape?" D/n asked.

"I didn't escape, Papa. He let me go." Y/n explained.

"That horrible beast?"

"But he's different now. He's changed somehow." Y/n said and she turned at the sound of rustling coming from her bag. The flap opens and the magic mirror and a yellow and red teacup rolls out.

"Hi!" Toga giggled.

"Oh, a stowaway."

"Why, hello there, little girl." D/n chuckled and Toga hopped on to his hand. "Didn't think I'd ever see you again."

"Y/n, why'd you go away? Don't you like us anymore?" Toga asked her.

"Oh, Toga. Of course I do. It's just that-" Y/n was interrupted by a knock at the door. She went over to the door and pulled it open, and saw a creepy man standing on her porch. "May I help you?"

"I've come to collect your father."